Saturday, February 27, 2021

"Love LOVE Love"
A Mixed Media Canvas By Di Garling


Hello there 2Crafty fans, Di Garling here with you on the blog today
with a little  mixed media canvas to share with you. I thought I would do something 
a little different from my normal layouts, & this is what I came up with !!

2Crafty Chipboard Used....
10" Decorator Panel - Grid
Cherry Blossom
Cute Cogs
LOVE Floral Cluster - title


For this little creation I simply stuck the 10" Decorator Grid Panel directly onto 
a canvas but if you look closely you can see I have offset it. I gessoed the whole thing
& then applied a generous coating of crackle paste followed by some Prima watercolours. 

I was really pleased how the mixed media on this panel worked out.


Next step was to add a title & what better title than this
  "love LOVE love" floral cluster title.
I treated it the same as the grid panel with the exclusion of the crackle paste.

I also added a few "Cute Cogs" into my clusters
 & I treated the the same as the title but I also finished them
off with a bit of Finnibair Wax Paste.

The last piece of chippie I used was the "Cherry Blossom". After applying a base
coat of white gesso I proceeded to colour it with metallic acrylic paints & a few pearls.

I then cut it in half & added a piece of it both above & below
 my flower cluster on the right of the page.

Well thats all from me today.

Until next time.....