Monday, November 30, 2020

Good Vibes
Step by Step Tutorial
By Charmane Sharp


I have prepared a tutorial for 
you all to follow to create this layout below.

Sometimes we have multiple photos to create with
and we get a little stuck with composition.

I thought you might like instructions for a
multiple photo to help in this situation.

My photos were taken having fun with my son
 on holidays at the beach, with lots of laughs.




2Crafty chipboard used...

Good vibes- Title
Flower Doilies
Flag Banner
Flowering Clusters




Step 1. A coat of Clear Gesso on the background protects the paper
from the wet mediums being applied. Stamp with a Damask stamp
randomly with an Archival ink. I used Pebble Beach. Then apply 
Tim Holtz Distress Grit Paste through a stencil  as per above photo.




Step 2. Gesso all the chipboard pieces. Cut the Large and Small Doilies in half.
Paint the Clusters with Vintage Rose Metallique and sponge on some Opal-Magic
Rose Gold randomly. Using my finger I rubbed on the Doilies with Sweet Rose wax and 
dry brushed with Rose Gold wax. The title was rubbed with Indian Pink wax and some 
Rose Gold wax applied to the bottom of both words. 
Pieces from a book page were glued to the Banners and a coat of clear Gesso
applied to protect them. Then I sprayed Lindys Cotton Candy Pink and dried with a 
heat gun. I rubbed some Sweet rose wax on the edges of the Banners and a little
 over the top to create highlights.




Step 3. My photos were printed 3 and 1/4 x 2 and 1/2 inches each. They were
also printed with borders. They were adhered to the layout with two layers of photo 
tape to create height. I glued the large Doily piece at the top of the middle photo and the 
small ones either side bending them up a little for interest.
I cut the two Clusters in half and layered them with photo tape to separate the pieces
and add lovely detail as per the photo. Finishing with some fussy cut flowers over my photos.




Step 4. Flowers added to layout after a light brush of Gesso over the edges.
Then tucking in some fussy cut flowers and leaves. This forms a pretty cluster to 
bring the focus to the photos.




Step 5. Add colour to the layout with Lindys Cotton Candy Pink using a paint brush
dipped in the bottle. This gives you better control. I generated some drips from my
cluster by tilting the layout so it dripped down. Once dry I took the lid off Lindys Pretty
in Pink Pink and tapped it over the layout for a fine splatter detail.
Next I glued the title in place on top of the flowers.




Step 6. I threaded the Banners with some string and added to layout with some photo
tape for dimension underneath the cluster tying a bow on each end.




Here are a couple of close ups to show you the glorious details. I hope you have enjoyed this
 tutorial, in which I used AB Studio papers but you can substitute any of your choice.

For more inspiration please follow my Facebook page...

Scrapbooking with Passion by Charmane

Until next time...

Thanks, Charmane x