Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Love Canvas
By Charmane Sharp

Hello 2Crafty lovers,
Charmane with you today.

I wanted to create a reverse canvas with the
gorgeous P13 papers I purchased from
All about Scrapbooks.

I loved the bright colours that evoke happy thoughts. 







2Crafty chipboard used...

Moroccan Tile Panel
Asst Arrows
Mini word set 2
Frame Viney Circles
Berry Vine set




When reversing a canvas you need to think about hiding the large staples.
I did this by coating the entire frame first with gesso and then a coat
of Tim Holtz Grit Paste applied with a spatula creating texture.
Once completely dry the next step was to use a stencil and apply some
Texture Paste through it.

When fully dry I sprayed the canvas with water and applied Finnabair paints
allowing them to blend together. Finished with a little wax to highlight.




I chose to add some arrows to the license plates and mounted the title on one.
The arrows were gessoed and sprayed with a sparkle spray. The word love was 
coloured with Finnabair paint.




Cutting pieces from the panel gave fantastic detail behind my fussy cut
elements. Especially with a coat of Ink Gold wax in Gold.




Viney Circles are so versatile that I decided to use them as decorative
pieces as opposed to Frames. Inka Gold wax in Magenta allows them 
to stand out amongst my fussy cut elements.







Berry Vine set looks gorgeous amongst my cut out flowers. I cut it into three pieces
which I used 3 colours of Inka Gold wax to give a lovely soft look to as a
contrast to the surroundings.




I hope this canvas has brought you some joy today.
Creativity is what makes me smile everyday.
A little bit of Art keeps daily stresses at bay.

Thanks for stopping by,
Until next time...

Charmane x