Friday, December 20, 2019

Journey-Take the Scenic Route - with Karan Gerber

Hi Friends and welcome to the  2 Crafty Chipboard Blog today.

Its Karan Gerber here to host the blog for you one last time. 
 It has been a wonderful year and I cannot believe how quickly it has passed us by.  
I want to take the opportunity and thank Vanessa and Di for allowing me to join the team this past year, I hope i have served you well, and wish you continued success! 

So onto my Last Project!



I have altered a box. In my scrap room clean up, i came upon some mists collections from Canvas Corp, this one is called Naturally Aged Kit - Aged Mahogany. It is a four part step mist/paint process, some requiring drying time in between, some while the previous layer is still wet. 

I started by prepping my box with gesso and heat setting; and following directions on the package adding layers of color. 

I chose some chipboard pieces to accent this box, I love the light bulbs and chains, and thought the brick detail will be a nice touch


I cut up the brick chipboard and placed some on the top edge of the box and brought some down onto the bottom part of the box


I love gears, they represent moving pieces of my favorite item to alter ( clocks) 

I put a piece of flat chipboard behind the light bulb word for added strength. And below are some further images. 


I love how this turned out, its not normally my go to color combo, but trying to get out of my comfort zone with that and when i came upon this color kit, i thought it would be a great way to do that. 


Here are the pieces of chipboard i used.
Brick Panel; Chain Link; Light Bulb Word Set

Happy Scrapping !!