Monday, November 26, 2018

'Magical' ..... a layout by Tammy Klingner





Hi there 2Crafty ones..... Tam here today to share my latest creation.
It's titled:

'Magical'

This layout captures my daughter and her girlfriend as they headed off to a Formal.
They were hamming it up for the camera as they anticipated the magical night ahead of them!




I used the following 2Crafty Chipboard:
"6" Mandala No 3"
"Fine Word Set 2"
"Dreamcatchers"
"Indian Feathers"
"Soft Feather Set"
I created a Dreamcatcher using the new 6" Mandala No 3.

To achieve the effect, I added white gesso, and then rubbed some rust coloured ink over it.
I made sure this was random as I really wanted some of the white to show through.
I then added some teal coloured acrylic paint in various sections. 
I love the look I achieved!




I repeated the process with the 'Indian Feathers' and also the 'Soft Feather Set'.




On some I used more rust, and on others I used more teal.




Once dry, I went over the top of the feathers with a white gel pen, adding a few dots and details.
This really made them 'pop'.




I again repeated this process on the 'Dreamcatcher'.
I positioned one next to my photos, and added another to the edge of the layout, to create balance.




I also added a few beads to enhance the 'bohemian theme'.




For my title, I used the word 'Magical' from the 'Fine Word Set 2', as it just suited the layout so perfectly.




I added a rust ink to this and added it the top of my photos.





I just love all the layers, and adore those colours together!




That mix of chipboard feathers and real feathers just makes my heart so happy!




I love that 2Crafty Chipboard is so adaptable!! 
It can become any colour I want it to be, so it ties in perfectly with the layout and the story.




That's it from me today......

I'll see you all again in December! (seriously December, that's CRAZY)

Until then you can always see more on my BLOG .


Luv Tam
xx