Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Tammy's October Shares
Plus a VIDEO TUTORIAL

Hello lovely 2 Crafty Chipboard fans.
Today I'm sharing with you my most recent creations.
 
 
My first page is titled:
 
 

'Loving These Moments'


It's a layout that celebrates my brother and his son.
I used the following 2Crafty Chipboard on this layout:
'Loving these Moments title'
'Chicken Barbed Wire - Small'
'Steampunk Gears - Small'
'Steampunk Gears - Medium'
'Chain Circle Frames'
I cut down the 'Chicken Wire Panel - small' and smeared Finnabair's Rust Paste in
 Gold, Brown and Red randomly over it.  I just used my fingers.
I love the rust look and the texture this creates.
I then added some Silks Acrylic Glaze Paint in 'Ocean Wave'. 
I love how this blue colour matches the blue in my photo so well.
 

I repeated this process on the 'Steampunk Gears - Small'
and the 'Steampunk Gears - Medium'.


I just love the rusty finish, especially with that metallic blue added in!


I used some of the 'negative' part of the chipboard from the 'Chain Circle Frames'.  
I added it to the background, and painted it in black gesso for a bit of contrast.

Don't forget to look at the leftover bits from your chippy - they can be awesome!
They also make great stencils.

Can you tell I don't like to throw anything away?


 I also applied black gesso to the 'Loving these Moments title'.
 


  I just love the clusters and dimension that the chipboard gives my layout.


I love how many different options you have with chipboard - you can create
so many different finishes and so many different looks. 
Don't these look just like metal?


I created a video tutorial so you can see how I created this page:
I hope you enjoy the video.

 




 
 
My second creation is titled:
 
 

'Magic Happens'


  This layout is a fun one celebrating meeting the characters at Disneyland.

I used the following 2Crafty Chipboard:
'Magic Happens Title'
'Stars'
'ATC Tiny Hearts & Stars'
'Circular Panel'


I used white gesso and Dylusions Sprays to create the background. 
I went with the teals and limes that are dominant in Goofy's suit.
I painted some of the 'Stars' and some of the tiny stars from the
 'ATC Tiny Hearts & Stars' in a deep purple. 
I like how this purple contrasts against the teal and lime.


 I stamped them very randomly with some black archival ink to make them look a little more grungy.


 I painted the 'Magic Happens title' in black. 
I then went over the top of this, just on the 'Magic', with Clear Kindy Glitz. 
 I haven't used this product in years!!
It was fun to get it out and play with it again. 
I love how the clear Kindy Glitz turns this gorgeous teal colour when applied to black.


I repeated the same process with the 'Circular Panel' and poked these randomly around my photos.



I wanted this layout to be fun to complement the story about 'goofying around'
 with Goofy at Disneyland.
I think the glitter finish really adds to the fun magical vibe.






 It really is a gorgeous finish.



Well that's it from me for this month.

I will be back again very soon for some more sharing.






 If you'd like to see more of my work you can head to my BLOG.

6 comments:

Di Garling said...

Two great layouts Tammy and I really enjoyed your video. That rust paste looks amazing how you used it.

Rachael Funnell said...

Both of your layouts Tammy are SERIOUSLY AWESOME... 😍😍

ingrid said...

Cool, fun and colorful....fabulous as always!

Mary Catt said...

Two beautiful and colorful layouts Tammy! Fabulous work as always!

Kareen Dion said...

So beautiful as always!! Love love love!

Lisa Amiet said...

Fantastic work Tammy!!