Friday, June 23, 2017

June Inspiration by Ingrid

Hello everyone!
Ingrid here today with two canvas layouts to share with you.
For my first project I used a photo from our vacation to Greece last year.

DREAM


With this project I started by making the background using a stencil and modeling paste.
Added the paints and toned it down with some gesso.
Used a thread string to make the vertical line.
Also used some felting wool to create some texture.


The dream arrow chippie, almost bare and with a light touch of gesso.


The dandelion chippie got two coats of gesso.


The felting wool gives it a nice dreamy, almost a watercolor look.


Added some beads.


A piece of the Leafy Shrub Set #1.


Some flowers with a center of the felting wool.
All got a final touch with some gesso.

2Crafty Chipboard used:
Arrow Word Set
Leafy Shrub Set 1
Whispy Dandelions





And here is my second project:
Hubby and I are also loving our long walks together and on these walks I love to 
take photos. This one is from an early walk with the fresh dew on all the plants and trees.

BEAUTY

I started this project by glueing the elegant flourish and some bubble clumps.
Gessoed the whole canvas and added some modeling paste. 
I made some circles in the wet modeling paste with a small stick.
Once dry, I added all the paints.
Some gesso as an extra touch to let the chipboard stand out more.


The circles made in the wet modeling paste gives a nice background.


The flourish on the background.


A piece of the bubble clump.


The same piece of flourish I used in the background but this one got a coat with gesso.
Under all the chipboards and flowers, I added some felting wool.


The word was painted with some acrylic paint.


Another piece of the bubble clumps, also painted with some gesso.


Made some watered white acrylic paint for the splatters. 
Love how it looked on that felting wool.


2Crafty Chipboard used:
6inch Circle Revolution
Bubble Clumps
Elegant Flourish
Mini Travel Words Set 2





Enjoy your day! 
Ingrid xxx