Thursday, March 23, 2017

March inspiration by Ingrid

Hello there 2crafty friends! 
Ingrid here with an art journal spread and a canvas layout.
Today I want to show you that 2crafty chipboard is perfect to create some texture on your project! 

ART JOURNAL PAGES "PEACE"

For this spread I used some plaster, chipboard, lace, mesh and fabric to create some texture.
Added some of my favorite colors and made a peaceful little scenery.
Just recently started Yoga and totally love it!

These Turkish Lace Panel chippies make great texture!

All of the plaster and mesh.

Here is the plaster that I used, bought at a hobby store.
Just tore up some pieces and glued them on the journal.
A bit messy but I sooo love the effect!

 Some leafy twig branches, painted with gesso.


The Sharon butterfly.

I liked cutting up the Turkish Lace Panel and used some of the small bits here and there.

More texture!



2Crafty Chipboard used:
Leafy Twig Branches
Panel Turkish Lace
Sharon Butterflies





And here is my second project:

A canvas layout with a photo of my oldest daughter.
She just left the nest last year and is planning her wedding for this July. So exciting! 

LOVE

For this project I also used chipboard to create some texture.
Here I used the Circle Lace Panel which I cut up in small pieces and placed them around my canvas.
Painted all with gesso before adding all the pints.
Once dry, I used a sponge to give it a coat with some gesso.

Added the gesso after the paints, to let the chipboard stand out more.
Placed a pearl in some centers.

A piece of the Lattice Leaf set.

Added some threads to create more texture.

A lovely small Sharon butterfly.

The Lucy frame got a coat with gesso first.
Painted the frame and added some embossing powder.
Randomly added some gesso as a final touch.

This piece of the fine word set got a coat with black acrylic paint.

A lovely tulle flower.

A small cluster of chipboard, threads and flowers on the top of the canvas.

Even the smallest pieces of the chipboard can be used!
This is a piece of the circle lace panel.




2Crafty Chipboard used:
Frame Lucys Flourish
Lattice Leaf Set
Circle Lace Panel
Sharon Butterflies
Fine Word Set


Have a wonderful day and see you next time! 
Ingrid xxx


8 comments:

Tammy Klingner said...

Just gorgeous. I love the way you add colour! Plus I love that bandage....great texture! Well done

Di Garling said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS creations as always Ingrid and such great use of all the chippies pieces too. LOVE them both.

Lisa Amiet said...

These are both just stunning! I love your gorgeous colours!

Mary Catt said...

Two amazing layouts Ingrid! Just loved them! 😊

mes10doigts said...

Oh Ingrid! I know I've said this to you before, but you're really the queen of white space! You rock it like no one else! Those projects are simply AMAZING!

kavitha said...

stunning projects,loving the colors n textures on both

Rachael Funnell said...

Your are Journaling pages & your layout are both EXQUISITE Ingrid!! 😀

Lilibleu Scrap said...

Beautiful projects! Love them all!