Tuesday, November 15, 2016

November Inspiration
Two Layouts To Share With You
By Di Garling

"Happiness Is This"

Hello there lovelies, thanks so much for calling by.
Today I have a layout I did as a "Guest Designer" over at CSI blog.
Myself & some of the other DT girls from 2Crafty Chipboard
were invited to be their guest this month & play along with this case file #215.
I immediately loved these colours & this I what I came up with...

The CSI Criteria...
Use all the colours
Use at least 3 things from the "Evidence" list
Us at least one thing from the "Testimony" list



 2Crafty Chipboard Used..
Happiness Is This - title
6" Skeleton Clock Frames
Soft Feather Set
Birdcage #1


All the chippies were firstly given a coat of gesso followed by a
coat of Lindys Stamp Gang sprays which I like to brush on instead of spraying.
Then I always follow this up by brushing over with a little water to create
 a kind of watercolour effect.


I have used all manner of flowers & vines & I have tucked in one of
the little 2Crafty Chipboard "Birdcage Set #1".
How cute is this chippie piece & it comes with the little bird too!!


I painted some Lindys spray onto a few of the flowers to achieve
the exact colour I needed plus it gives them a lovely shimmer too.


These 2Crafty "Skeleton Clock Frames" are one of my favourite
chipboard pieces. I just love to cut them in half & tuck them in here & there.


In this pic you can see the chippie "Feather Set". I think these are a real
statement piece. I painted them white & smeared them with glue & then
sprinkled them with Mica Flakes. I wished you could see just how sparkly 
they are in real life. They look sooo good but it is hard to get the sparkle
 to show in a photo.


"Just Hanging About"

For my second I layout I created this page featuring my sweet little grandson Henry,
wearing his "State of Origin" footy jersey. This is also for the CSI challenge blog, & on
 behalf of  2Crafty Chipboard. It is based on the CSI case file #214 (see below). 
Myself & some of the other DT girls from 2Crafty Chipboard
are "Guest Designers" at CSI this month. 

The Criteria...
Use all the colours
Use at least 3 things from the "Evidence" list
Use at least one thing from the "Testimony" list
 & the sketch is optional.


2Crafty Chippies Used...
Just Hanging About - title
Retro Panel
Chevron Bits


For the title, after first coating it in some gesso,
 I simply painted it with some red acrylic paint.


Some cute little bit & pieces (quote & flair buttons) from Flutterby Designs.


Next up I coloured up the 2Crafty  "Retro Panel" & some of their
chippie "Chevrons" with a black ink pad, quick, easy & no mess.


I cut up the Retro Panel into pieces & placed them under & around
the photo to make a kind of vertical border & I still have some left
that I can use on another layout.


I really like the chipboard painted black against the bright colour background.


Well thats all from me today.
Until next month.






8 comments:

kavitha said...

wow amazing details,love both page

Sanderijn de Bruin said...

Always so, so beautiful, every page you create is just perfect to the detail! Such a stunning and inspiring artist you are!

Rachael Funnell said...

Both of these layouts are SENSATIONAL Di! :)

Lisa Griffith said...

Beautiful Di! That first page is so pretty! what a sweet sweet photo and the little pops of color and flowers are darling xo

Debbi Tehrani said...

Both pages are phenomenal! Love all your details and depth!

Lisa Amiet said...

WOW! Such a beautiful page! The pic is gorgeous and love all your embellies!

ingrid said...

Both pages so different but yet both so gorgeous!! just love your work Di! xx

Mary Catt said...

Fabulous layouts, Di! Amazing layouts as always! Love them!