Wednesday, July 27, 2016

July Projects by Lisa Griffith

Hello 2 Crafty friends! So happy to be staying on the team through the end of the year :)
I have a few layouts to share with you this month.
But before I continue...
Please remember while you are here be sure you have 
become a blog follower and leave a comment to
 be eligible to go in out monthly draw for a great chippie prize pack.


'Anäis'

I saw this quote from the author Anäis Nin as part of these Graphic 45 papers, 
and so I wanted to make a page about the sea and all its wonders. 
2 Crafty Chipboard has a new piece called 'Fishing Net Bits' that fit my theme perfectly.
 
2 Crafty Chipboard pieces used:
'Fishing Net Bits'
'Cartia's Swirl'
'Seashells'




To add texture to the starfish I coated it with a heavy uneven layer of thick white gesso,
when you heat it on high with your heat gun the gesso will bubble up, after that's dry,
I colored it with an orange Lindy's Starburst spray.



I used the same spray on the beautiful swirl to add some movement to my underwater scene.


'Cherish'

I used that same technique on my chippies for this layout too, except I added color by
 painting them with some copper colored acrylic paint and then also using the heat gun,
as this makes the paint bubble up, and I love how it transforms the chipboards.

2 Crafty Chipboard pieces used:
'Addy's Butterflies'
'Fine Word Set 1'
'Sakura Flowers'


Here you can see the "Cherish -title" from the new Fine Word Set #1
which is just painted with the white gesso.

I have also tucked in some Sakura flowers too.








Lastly I wanted to share a layout I created for the 'More than Words' June challenge.
'Imagine'

Here I kept my chippies simple with a coat of white acrylic paint to fit my shabby chic look.
 
2 Crafty Chipboard pieces used:
'Lacey Signpost'
'Corner Thick Vine'




See you soon,


 

Photobucket

13 comments:

Reusing Cards & Quilling said...

Awesome layouts ! Loved colors on all of them a lot and Beautiful use of chipboards:)

Anguree Jansen Van Rensburg said...

Absolutely gorgeous xxx

Anguree Jansen Van Rensburg said...

Absolutely gorgeous xxx

Rachael Funnell said...

All 3 of these layouts are Absolutely STUNNING Lisa! x

Di Garling said...

Your work ALWAYS amazes me, but these are beyond beautiful. Totally stunning. LOVE LOVE LOVE them all. ❤️❤️❤️

Mariane said...

Ohhhh WOW... I am really impressed - those amazing layouts wow ... I am in love, especially with the fish one. THAT one is AWESOME... Thank you ever so much for sharing.

Kind regards
Mariane

Tania Ridgwell said...

Wow amazing pages, love them all!

coubay said...

Beautiful layouts.
I particularly love the butterflies on Cherish.

Marie PADILLA said...

Wow, wow, wow simply gorgeous !

Debbi Tehrani said...

OMGosh, Lisa, these pages are all amazing. Exquisite layering and detail. Your work is just breathtaking!

Tracee said...

Wow Wow and a great big WOW, such stunning work! I am so in love with the first page Tx

Valerie Ouellet said...

Just perfect work Lisa! I love all!

Anita B said...

Absolutely beautiful layouts..xx