Wednesday, July 13, 2016

July Layouts by Lilibleu

"You are my Sunshine"

Hi 2Crafty Fans, I am here today to share with you a couple of layouts I created 
with the wonderful 2Crafty Chipboard. 
 
But before we start...
Please remember while your here be sure you have
become a blog follower & leave a blog comment to
be eligible to go in our monthly draw for a great chippie prize pack.


For my first work, I chose an older photo of my eldest son (who is 9 now). 
I love this picture because I feel it radiates a lot of gentleness. I wanted a 
flowered page with a mixed-media background.


2Crafty Chipboard Used:
Chained Circle Frames
You are my sunshine - title
Beaded Hanging Heart Set
ATC Tiny Hearts
Leafy Shrub Set 1 


I love this title which is for me just perfect to put forward what I feel for my kids !!
To bring out my title on the rather busy background, I decided to do a white embossing on it.


I chose to work on the Chained Circle Frames in matching tones in order to melt it
 a little bit more into the page. To do this, I first covered it with white gesso 
before painting it in orange salmon!


To add to the foliage, I chose to do a white embossing of a
 branch of Leafy Shrub Set 1.


I also wanted to highlight my background paper's hearts by incorporating in my layout
 some chipboards with the same aspect, a Beaded Hanging Heart Set. I embossed it in white.
 I also added some small hearts embossed in black from the ATC Tiny Hearts set.



"Those Eyes"

For this second page, I chose to work with a combo of colors I love: green, turquoise blue, 
gold and white. I decided to use a sepia photo that goes so well with these colors.



2Crafty Chipboard Used:

Angie's Vines
Mini Word set 1 
Sybill's Name Plates
Those Eyes - Title
Wrought Iron Border


I used the two elements on the "Angie's Vines". I embossed the largest in white (below),
 and the smaller in gold (on top) to highlight them!


I immediately thought that "Sybill's Name Plates" married perfectly with the edge
of the  "Wrought Iron Border". Therefore I chose to have it embossed in white, 
then I added the "Capture" word which I embossed in gold to highlight it.


The border "Wrought Iron" is a very important part in my layout, I work with two colors:
 I first embossed it in white and, on the lower part, I embossed it again this time in gold.

 To highlight the title, I embossed in white .


I hope you liked my first projects, see you next month :)





Photobucket

7 comments:

Di Garling said...

Beautiful post Lilibleu and such good use of all the chippie pieces. Love them both. Gorgeous as always.

Valerie Ouellet said...

Vraiment superbe tes pages! J'adore tes background.

Debbi Tehrani said...

Wow! These pages are both just gorgeous and wonderful choices of chipboard!

Tracee said...

Beautiful pages! Tx

Lisa Griffith said...

Absolutely stunning layouts!!! Just adore your style, so colorful and super pretty :)

Rachael Funnell said...

These are FANTASTIC Lilibleu.... :)

Tania Ridgwell said...

Stunning pages :)