Friday, April 29, 2016

April Shares With Rachael Funnell

"My Happy Place"

Hello! Rachael with you sharing my 2 Crafty Chipboard April projects...
Before I contniue just a reminder!! 
 
Remember 
Become a blog follower & leave a blog comment to
be eligible to go in our monthly draw for a great chippie prize pack.
 
For my first layout "My Happy Place"
This photo was taken in January on my birthday!
It has taken me a while, BUT, I think my family have finally realized that if they just
 look at the camera at first photo when I'm trying to get those family photos, then
 I am happy & I wont keep annoying them for more...  lol!
 
These are the 2 Crafty Chipboard pieces I have used...
 


  
I gave this 'Corner Archer' & a few 'ATC - hearts' a couple of coats of gesso....
 
 
I decided that I wanted  'ATC - hearts' to stand out a little more so, I inked them black...
 


 
 I inked a couple of the 'Groovy flowers' in black also & finished them off with a rhinestone!
 

'My Happy Place' chipboard title - I gave it a coat of gesso, then added a coat of t
texture paste & finished it off with a lightl spritz of some pink mist...  

 
 
 
My 2nd creation, another layout..
'Catching Waves'
 
These are the 2 Crafty Chipboard pieces I have used...
 

I cut a 'Chain length' into smaller pieces & inked them dark brown...




Added a single coat of gesso to this bird...

 
I wanted to bring more attention to my two kids sitting on the rocks but didn't want to
 overpower the photo so! I gave a coat of gesso to this 'Doily Frame' 
 
 
I added a coat of gesso..  then a layer of texture paste to the 'Catching Waves' title, 
& finished it off with a blue & teal mists...
 


 
I really LOVE the detail to this 'Anchor' & didn't want to lose any of it, SO! I VERY
 lightly added just a little gesso & inked the edge with black..
 
 
That's it from me today! See you again next month....  :) 
 


Photobucket

16 comments:

Di Garling said...

Two awesome layouts Rach and as always, such innovative use of all the chippies too. 💗💗💗

Marianne/skorpionen said...

Amazing layouts! And so Perfect title for the second one!

Tania Ridgwell said...

Wow Rachael, what stunning pages. Love how you have used all that gorgeous chipboard and your background work never ceases to amaze me :)

Debbi Tehrani said...

Gorgeous work, Rachael! I just love the way you colored the title on that beach layout!

Lisa Griffith said...

Amazing layouts! I love how you altered your title on the beachy layout, it looks like it;s covered in water and sand, really beautifully done!

Chrissi said...

I love the backgrounds and the built up layers- stunning.

Tracee said...

Stunning pages, I love the contrast of the dark with the pastel colours on the first layout. Tx

Trudi Harrison said...

Amazing as always Rach! So many fabulous details x

Valerie Ouellet said...

Very beautiful projects. Your background are always spectacular.

Fiona Paltridge said...

Absolutely fabulous pages!!

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

So many gorgeous details..Wow! Stunning creations!

Jennifer Snyder said...

gorgoeus pages. I love how you used the chippies but just adore that anchor chippie. perfect page for sure

ros said...

beautiful

Priscilla Lim said...

Love the textures and chipboards!

Catherine Giguère said...

Beautiful layouts Rachael, I love all the details!

Kathy Gnj said...

GORGEOUS layouts! Love the bright colors on you first and your second layout is just AWESOME! The "ombre" effect on your title looks so cool! P.S. You always take such Amazing beach photos.