Friday, April 1, 2016

April projects + VIDEO by Valerie Ouellet

"A Love Story"


Hi everyone! 
I'm back with a layout and a card with a step-by-step video.

To begin, I printed flowers that I colored with my gelatos and my fingers. Then I created my layout background also with gelatos. I did a watercolor effect.

I used the new chippie "Fine Leafy Bush" that I love! I used gelato and 13arts paint to create two tones effect.



I used a "Circle Dot Frame" to add more depth to the picture. I added a touch of glitter with Ranger glue glitter.

For my title, I used Deco Foil, a product that I love to use. 
First, I applied a layer of white gesso and after, the liquid glue. Once dry, I put the foil on the chipboard and rubbed with a stick. 
Finally, I added distress ink to distressed.



I also used the same technique on the flowers.



2Crafty Chipboard used:

Fine leafy bush
Circle dot frame
A love story

"Step-by-step video card"

To View VIDEO CLICK HERE 

This is a baby shower card, a bit unconventional. 
I used a deer that I embossed with wow embossing powder. It's the main element of my card.


I used the frame "Frame Celia's Flourish" behind. I embossed directly on the chippie, then I put a layer of white heavy gesso and finally a second layer of embossing powder.

I added some stars that I altered with Ranger glue glitter.


 2Crafty Chipboard used:

ATC Tiny Stars&Hearts
Deer set
Frame Celia's Flourish








11 comments:

Reusing Cards & Quilling said...

Such a Gorgeous Layout with bold pink and I loved the foil treatment to chipboard ! The card is very beautiful with soft color scheme !

Caroline Elliam said...

Awesome layout and gorgeous card! Remember my birthday darling! :) So fun to watch you!

Kathy Gnj said...

Love what you did with the chippies on your layout! I've never tried using the foil on them but definitely will now. Your card is so beautiful! I loved watching your video. p.s. I think your song choice was wonderful - totally cool!

Di Garling said...

Two great projects Valerie with so many great techniques. Loved your tutorial too.

Fiona Paltridge said...

Valerie your work is always sensational!!

Lisa Griffith said...

Love the bright pink flowers on your layout, it's gorgeous! As is your card...can't wait to watch your video...thanks for sharing :)

Chrissi said...

Love that foil technique! Great idea

Debbi Tehrani said...

Gorgeous work, Valerie, and I always love seeing your videos!

Tania Ridgwell said...

Stunning projects and love the techniques!

Marianne/skorpionen said...

Beautiful Projects! The layout is so cool and the card is so very beutiful in the soft color tones!

Priscilla Lim said...

Gorgeous baby shower card. So soft and beautiful.