Saturday, March 5, 2016

Spring is in the Air
By Jennifer Snyder




Jennifer Snyder here today to share a project made during the month.  
 
Before I continue...
Please remember to become a blog follower & leave a comment to
be eligible to go in our monthly draw for a great chippie prize pack.
The more comments you leave, the more chances to win.

This layout was made using the beautiful Forget -Me-Not collection from Lemoncraft accented with fabulous 2Crafty chipboard pieces.  Below is a photo of the chipboard that I used. If you scroll down the page, I added a quick step-by-step showing how I made the chipboard flowers.   
  • 2Crafty Chipboard -Cartia Swirl m00347
  • 2Crafty Chipboard - Buttons m00425
  • 2Crafty Chipboard -Sakura Flowers


I took this photo of my family and thought it needed some delicate papers with
 chipboard pieces that added flow and movement to the page.  

This is a pretty good shot that captures all three of the chipboard pieces that I 
selected. I added white embossing powder to all the chipboard to start.  


  The little starburst shapes are the insides of the "Sakura" flowers.
  The "Buttons" have a bit of brown inking on the edges. 



 Here's how I made the chipboard flowers
Step 1.  Emboss -  I embossed the flowers with white embossing powder.  I embossed the flower centers with light teal and set aside.

Step 2.  Separate the Layers - To over simplify, chipboard is layer upon layer of cardboard.  If you add a bit of water to the chipboard, you can get the layers to separate.  That's' what I did here.  I misted the chipboard lightly with water  - very lightly.  I used tweezers to separate the layers and lift them, keeping the center attached.   Then I heat dried them to stay raised and dimensional. Heating also makes paper a little bit stiffer. 



Step 3.  Assembling the Flower -  I colored the petals white with a Sharpie.  Paint would have been ok too but my Sharpie was very quick.  Add a punch for the center, and then the chipboard starburst piece.  Top with a small rose or flower.


Step 4.  Finishing Touches - I used a brown ink pad to give the chipboard flower some accents.  I actually used Distress Ink in Vintage Photo
Here are a few more close ups of the finished chipboard flower. 
 This shows how delicate it is. 
 




 Chipboard does not need to be flat.  As you can see it makes for gorgeous layered dimensional embellishments as well.  
 Thank you for stopping by! 





Photobucket