Tuesday, March 1, 2016

March Layouts By Valerie Ouellet

 
"Life"
 
Hi everyone! 
Here is my first layout for this month. 
 
But before we get started...
Please remember to become a blog follower & leave a comment to
be eligible to go in our monthly draw for a great chippie prize pack.
The more comments you leave, the more chances to win.
 
On this layout I used my precious Gelatos to create my butterfly
 background. I used them with my finger to create a color gradient. 
 

I also altered "Mini Branches" with my gelatos and my finger.
 I used the same technique as my butterfly.
 



I used the chippie title, "This is my life" as title.  I cut it apart, & cut the 
 (This is my) off & I only kept the word "Life" which I then embossed in purple.
 
 
In my photo, I used a "Circle Dot Frame" to add more depth to the picture. 
I colored with my navy acrylic paint. After, I added some glitter details with
 Ranger purple glue glitter.
 



2Crafty Chipboard used..



 "Forever"

My next creation is a summer page because I'm impatient to see the summer sun.
I used the word "Forever" from the "Friendship Mini Word pack"
I used Tsukineko Irresistible Pico on the chippie word.
 

 
My "Soft Feather" is altered with 13arts acrylic paint and I added some drops
 with Tsukineko Irresistible Spray 3D.
 


I added some pieces of "Sequins Negative Bits" that I painted with white gesso.
 

2Crafty Chipboard used...
 
 
See you soon!



20 comments:

Reusing Cards & Quilling said...

Both of them are amazing ! I loved the vibrant butterfly on first one and the pretty feather on second one !

Shari Czerwinski said...

Love the butterfly layout! Both the pink and purple really add a great burst of color!

Tartine Peluche said...

Ohhh wow Val c'est juste trop magnifique !
I'm dead ! I really love all details !! just a wonderful creations

Sanderijn de Bruin said...

These layouts are so beautiful! the first is my fav, I really love all the things you did with the chippies. Great work!

Jen Gia said...

I love the butterfly layout. I'm just starting to use gelatos, thanks for giving me some ideas on how to use them with my chippies. Beautiful work.

Di Garling said...

One word Valerie, B E A U T I F U L. Love them both & I enjoyed you little tutorial on the way you blended the colours too. TFS. :)

langeatheart said...

Love these gorgeous layouts!! Loving the chippies! Me thinks it's time to shop! :)

Marianne/skorpionen said...

Stunning layouts! Love Your use of colors!

Kathleen White said...

I simply adore the butterfly layout! Your work is inspirational.

France Ringuette said...

Wow a 2 fantastic pages Valerie !

France Ringuette said...

Wow 2 fabtastic pages Valerie

Lisa Griffith said...

Absolutely beautiful projects! I really love the butterfly on your layout, the colors and chippies are gorgeous!

Tania Ridgwell said...

Wow sensational pages. That butterfly in your first page is beyond gorgeous and love the arrangement on your second page!

Rosslyn Coutts said...

Lovely pages..love the circles(which I just bought)

madhvi shah said...

both the pages r beautiful.loved the combination of butterfly n bow .and the page felt like a satin bedsheet

Debbi Tehrani said...

Gorgeous pages, Valerie! That butterfly looks amazing! Love the design of your layouts!

Chrissi said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! I love the mixed media- I'm a sucker for MM lol. The techniques in the butterfly layout are gorgeous- love the colour!!

Fiona Paltridge said...

Absolutely stunning work!

ros said...

totally gorgeous pages ♥

Priscilla Lim said...

Super love the huge butterfly. Stunning pages.