Wednesday, February 3, 2016

February Inspirations by Catherine Giguère
Plus a VIDEO TUTORIAL

"Amaze Yourself"


Hello 2 Crafty fans! Catherine here  with you today to share two new layouts & a VIDEO tutorial.

But before we start...
OUR MONTHLY FOLLOWERS PRIZE...

Please remember to become a blog follower & leave a blog comment,
the more times you comment, the more chances you have to be 
eligible to go in our monthly draw for a great chippie prize pack.....


To View VIDEO CLICK HERE

My first layout is a boy one. I used yellow, green and brown. I don't used these colors
 very often, but I love the result!


I did my background with doillies and modeling paste. You can see how I did by watching
 the video I made for you.


I used joint tape to add texture to my background. I painted all my chipboard with white gesso.


2 Crafty products used:
- Amaze Yourself 
- Skeleton Trees



"Dream"


I love doing pink layouts! This paper was perfect for me. First, I put a coat of clear gesso
 on my paper so that it wouldn't absorb the inks.


Then, I did my background with doilies, flowers mask and modeling paste.
I added pink inks on it to match my paper. 


I painted all my chipboards with white gesso and then I added a little bit of ink
 on them to match my background.


I put my 'Heart Lattice Panel' behind my picture to frame it. I used my
 'Leafy Twig Branches' under my flowers, I love the effects.


I stamped with an handscript stamp and a leafy branch stamp with black ink
 to add details and contrast.



2 Crafty products used:
- Heart Lattice Panel
- Leafy Twig Branches
- Mini Word Set 2




I hope that I inspired you, have a nice crafty day!


Photobucket

15 comments:

Di Garling said...

Another gorgeous post Catherine. Love both these layouts and I particularly enjoyed your video too. Thanks for sharing your creative process.

Shari Czerwinski said...

Love the lattice! More beautiful layouts and I am a BIG fan of video tutorials!

Tracee said...

Fabulous pages, love the colours you used Tx

Kathy Gnj said...

WOW Catherine both of these layouts are Beautiful! I love the skeleton trees on the first (great choice for a boy page) and the lattice hearts on the second are just so perfect for the adorable photo.

Debbi Tehrani said...

Beautiful pages, Catherine! I just love all the details in your work! Thanks for sharing your process!

Jennifer Snyder said...

great video and I am in love with the results.

Rachael Funnell said...

Both of your layouts are SENSATIONAL.... off to check out your video tut! :)

Lisa Griffith said...

Gorgeous Catherine! love the backgrounds...the pink one is darling :)

Valerie Ouellet said...

Awesome pages! Thanks for the video!

Rosslyn Coutts said...

Beautiful work..love the words.

Pawsitively Creative said...

Thanks for the video! Those trees are WOWZERS and the way you used em makes it look like leaves. Awesome sauce! ~Niki

madhvi shah said...

I loved the dreamy canvas.and the above one was a good idea with texture

Fiona Paltridge said...

Such beautiful work! Thank you for the tutorial too xx

Marianne/skorpionen said...

Stunning projects!

Tania Ridgwell said...

Such beautiful projects and great video too :)