Tuesday, December 1, 2015

December Projects + VIDEO by Valerie Ouellet

"Artist Notebook"

Hi, everyone! I decided to create a cover for my artist notebook. I used
 this book to relax while drawing with my watercolor pencil and doodling. 
First, I made a mix media background with gelatos and some pencils. 
I have a video to share with you. 


CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY VIDEO 

 After, I cut the paper and I glued it on my notebook cover with soft matte gel,
  I used a paper punch to make the holes.


 To add texture, I used "Bubbles Clumps" and "ATC Words" on the top.
I just used embossing powder on my chipboard.


2Crafty Chipboard Used..



 "Christmas Presents"

For my second project, I decided to create my Christmas gift wrap.
2Crafty Chipboard have some beautiful Christmas chippies! I love them.
 I used the gorgeous "Deer Set" for my first gift.

I used it with gold embossing paste and glitter gold embossing powder.
 Next I used distress ink to make a grungy look.


My deer looks great on my branch tree.



For the next one, I created my wrap with acrylic paint and stencil. Then, I placed
 a poinsettia flower on the top. "Holly Flourish" was perfect with my flower.
I used my favorite embossing powder, glitter gold.






For the last project, I used "Holly Vine Wreath" that I embossed with gold 
embossing powder . It gives a great look with my doily and my poinsettia flower. 
I love it small because it works perfectly on gifts and Christmas cards.


Well thats all from me today.

Please remember to become a blog follower & leave a blog comment to
be eligible to go in our monthly draw for a great chippie prize pack.



Photobucket

12 comments:

Rachael Funnell said...

Your Art Journal Cover & Christmas Presents look FANTASTIC... :)

Debbi Tehrani said...

Gorgeous! That art journal is so cool, and how lovely are those Christmas presents!

Di Garling said...

Really enjoyed your video Valerie (I always LOVE that music you use) and all your projects look so beautifully festive. Very innovative use of all the chippie pieces too.

Marianne/skorpionen said...

Gorgeous art journal cover, love the colors!! Fantastic Christmas as well, would really love to have one LOL

Karen.C said...

Oh my how very special :)

Jennifer Snyder said...

the gift wrapping ideas are exquisite - with amazing use of chippies

Athanasia said...

Wow, so gorgeous work!!!!!!!! Awesome ideas!!!

Trudi Harrison said...

Stunning Valerie! Just love your art and your gifts are just to pretty to unwrap!!

ros said...

such inspiration. Gorgeous ♥

Tone K. said...

Ohh....I really enjoy watching your tutorial....I really want to try it :)
Gorgeous AJ :)

Really beautiful gifts too :)

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

These are absolutely stunning! <3 <3

Rosslyn Coutts said...

The chipboard rings are one of my favourite in the 2 crafty pieces.