Monday, November 23, 2015

'Let Your Light Shine' by Lisa Griffith

Hello 2 Crafty Chipboard fans!
Lisa here to share with you two projects, the first one is a layout inspired by my little boy.
'Let Your Light Shine'

2 Crafty Chipboard pieces used:

'Cog Border'
'Heart Silhouettes'
'Let Your Light Shine'


I knew I wanted to use the amazing piece called 'Cog Border' in a boyish super grungy 
layout so I embossed it with black and chunky gold embossing powders really unevenly 
to make it look like rusted metal. Then I cut up the border into smaller pieces and tucked them 
into my layers made of vintage book paper and some pieces of an old pair of my sons jeans.


I treated the title piece 'Let Your Light Shine' and the 
'Silhouette Hearts' the same way, with gold embossing powder 
and I love the way they turned out.

My second project is a layout done on a 8 X10 Prima 'Paintable'.

'A Glimpse Of You'


2 Crafty Chipboard used:

'A Glimpse of You'
'Skeleton Leaves'
'Avery Vines'


For all the chipboards I used on this project I first covered them with white gesso, 
and then colored them with inks in green, cinnamon brown, and orange.


This title piece 'A Glimpse of You' is so perfect for a vintage photo of my Grandma
tucked into some fall coloured flowers.

I hope I have inspired you a little and shown you how to make 2 Crafty Chipboard work well 
in a super grungy layout or make it delicate and pretty, it's all up to you!

Happy Crafting!

Photobucket

12 comments:

Joyce Kers said...

Wow, when I saw this page pop up in my reading list under my blog, I just has to stop by and see this amazing work up close. The details are utterly spectacular, and a perfect boy page. Lisa has this amazing innate talent for color harmony and layering details, and those talents certainly appear up on this magical page.

Rachael Funnell said...

2 absolutely GORGEOUS projects Lisa....

Di Garling said...

EXQUISITE Lisa. Love them both.

Jacqui said...

Gorgeous creations!

Karen.C said...

2 beautiful projects,but I am in love with that boy layout :)

Marianne/skorpionen said...

Fabolous layouts!! Love the gears on the first one!

Debbi Tehrani said...

Stunning work! Gorgeous detail in your pages, Lisa!

Valerie Ouellet said...

My favorite is the first one! I love all!

ros said...


Amazing, totally gorgeous ♥

Tracee said...

Awesome pages! Tx

Jennifer Snyder said...

totally in love with the first layout. It has such charm and character - yes I adore all the pieces BUT the first stole my heart

Tone K. said...

oh my.....absolutely fantastic :)
I have no words.....feel that I say the same about every LO that pops up here on the blog :)

Both of them is absolutely awesome ! :)