Thursday, October 1, 2015

October Layouts By Valerie Ouellet


"Happy Birthday Card"


For those who know me, I do not like making greeting cards. So I decided to make one 
but decided I would make it like a page. I used a 12x18 watercolor cardboard folded
 in half so I could create a beautiful watercolor background with my sprays and 3D matte gel.

I used large prima flowers I never used on pages. I love the new chipboard  
"Lattice Leaves" and the "Twiggy Branch" and "Snowball Tree" foliage.


I only used two colors embossing powder on my chipboards. I added several small 
embellishments (Cuts2luv flair, sequins, cheese cloth, sewing thread) and you're done.



 


 
"Boo, Hey Pumpkin"

For my second project, I created an Halloween theme. I love the "Halloween Frame".  
I did not want to use it completely, so I just cut the bottom of the frame. I just painted 
it black and added drops of glimmer mist "Afraid of the Dark" to make a texture.


Then I added my photo on top of a spider web of "Halloween 1" with the same
 setup as the frame. I added "Sequins Negative Bits" that I colored with orange 
 embossing powder. I created a grungy effect by adding black ink. 





15 comments:

Di Garling said...

Absolutely ADORE your card and your Halloween layout is fabulous. Great projects Valerie. TFS your amazing talent with us all.

Rachael Funnell said...

2 Very different BUT! both are STUNNING projects! :)

Marianne/skorpionen said...

You card is amazing!! Looove the colors! And such a fun layout!

ros said...

wow, these are amazing

Kathy Gnj said...

Gosh your card is so pretty and what an amazing Halloween page. Love it!

Lisa Griffith said...

Just amazing! I love the bright colors on your card and the lo is so adorable, fantastic use of the Halloween chippies :)

Jennifer Snyder said...

I adore that Halloween layout. Your chippies selection is spot on.

Debbi Tehrani said...

Gorgeous card, and such an awesome Halloween page!

Priscilla Lim said...

Both very different styles and they are both so awesome. You rock :)

Trudi Harrison said...

Gorgeous and so inspiring as always Valerie

Rosslyn Coutts said...

More lovely work

Athanasia said...

Beautiful work Valerie!I love the two different styles of your projects!

Fiona Paltridge said...

So AWESOME!! Especially love the BOO Layout xx

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

Fantastic projects :) I am so loving that spider web :D
Gorgeous work!

Kerry said...

Great work and I too love the Boo LO.