Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Fiona's October Shares

Hello 2Crafty peeps! Fiona here with you today to share two creations
 I made using the yummy 2 Crafty Chipboard.

First up is a card I made for my sister's birthday the other day. I'm not really what I 
would call a card maker as such. Primarily I'm a layout kind of girl but every now 
and then I like to put together the odd card.

"Happy Birthday"


2 Crafty Chipboard Pieces used;

"6x6 card pack Happy Birthday"
"Circle Lace Panel"
"Element Set 1"


I absolutely love using the 6x6 panels as background pieces and the "Circle Lace Panel"
 is no exception. It has such a romantic feel about it. I simply coated it with black ink
 and then gave it a light covering of gesso.


The "Element set 1" pieces complimented the background panel perfectly. I wanted
 to make them a bit of a feature so I painted the piece black to help it stand out.


Lastly I added the word from the "6x6 card set Happy Birthday". There are 
eight Happy Birthday's on this card! Great value! It is simply white to contrast 
with the black behind it.



"What a Pair!"

My next piece is a layout. I wanted to experiment with stamping using the chipboard.

2 Crafty Chipboard pieces used;
"Loads of Triangles"
"Brick Panel"
"Numbers Panel"



This piece was always going to be paint based. Right from the beginning when
 I was working out how I could stamp with the chipboard, I decided paint would be
 the best medium, so it became the basis of the whole layout.
The "Brick Panel" was trimmed to just use a strip and painted black so it 
would stand out against the background.


The exciting bit is the "Number Panel" and how well it stamped on to the background.
 I painted it generously with black acrylic paint and then carefully stamped the chipboard. 
The result was more than I could ever have imagined.

It was perfectly patchy!

Then I added the actual chippy piece with a rustic paint effect over it.


I finished the piece off by adding a couple of the "Loads of Triangles" 
 painted in coordinating colours.

I hope you have enjoyed my creations this month.
 I look forward to sharing some more in November.

Photobucket