Monday, August 3, 2015

August Projects with Catherine Giguère

 
Hello 2 Crafty fans! Catherine with you today to share two new projects. For this layout, 
I have done a very texturized background with stencil, modeling paste, doilies, tape and stamp. 
 

On my chippie of the "Decorative Rod Set 2", I have put a coat of black gesso.


On my title, I have put a coat of white gesso, then I applied the same
purple ink color that I used on my background.

 
All the Foliage has also been painted with White Gesso, so simple and easy, especially when
there is a lot of color on all the other items surrounding it.

2 Crafty products used:
- Foliage set 1
- Decorative Rod Set 2
- Let Your Light Shine
 



"Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful"

 For this layout, I did my background with a stencil and modeling paste to add some flowers.
 I also glued pieces of doilies with gel medium and then applied some ink on top.
Next up I stamped some black handwriting.


I put a coat of black gesso on my title.


I put white heavy gesso and a little bit of ink on my foliage.


I put two layers of white gesso on the door with a little bit of ink.

2 Crafty products used:
- Ornate Screen 
- Angie's Vines
-Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful

I hope I have inspired you! Have a crafty day!
Catherine xxxx
 
 
Photobucket

43 comments:

Robin Shakoor said...

All I can say is WOW! Such mastery of design and you bring life to the chippies.

Trudi Harrison said...

WOW!! Amazing attention to detail. Stunning composition and fabulous altering of the chippie elements

Tracee said...

So very beautiful Tx

Debbi Tehrani said...

These are both so beautiful, Catherine! Beautiful use of the chipboard!

Kathy Gnj said...

Both of these are absolutely gorgeous! Exquisite!

Di Garling said...

Such a beautiful post Catherine with so much eye candy. Fabulous use of all those chippies too. TFS.

Jennifer Snyder said...

Both pages are totally amazing BUT the first has my heart. it is dramatic

Athanasia said...

Wow your pages are amazing! I can't decide which one is my favorite!!!

Valerie Ouellet said...

I'm in love with your layouts! Fabulous use of chippies!

Priscilla Lim said...

Super gorgeous! Love how you showcase all the chipboards :)

Lisa Griffith said...

swooooning over your pretty colors and textures....so beautifully done.

Isabelle N. said...

Absolutely stunning !!!

Shannon Miller said...

Both pages are stunning..the colors and textures are fabulous!

Jan L. said...

looooove this layout and the chppies......purple is my all time favourite colour....I am purple mad.....

Linn said...

Wooow! So breathtaking! From the detail work to vibrant colors! More I look the more gorgeousness shows itself!

Beatriz S B-arte said...

Me encanta!!!, es fabuloso!!! y los materiales fascinantes!!. Ojalá pudiese encontrarlos aquí en España...

Tanya Froud said...

Simply beautiful.. love mixed media pages..

mes10doigts said...

My friend, you are so talented!

Katie said...

Gorgeous pages! Just love the depth of colour in the purple one.

Kathleen White said...

Absolutely stunning layouts!!

Ann Vear said...

C'est vraiment magnifique!

Deb McCleary said...

Gorgeous clusters and layering, and showing off the chippies to stunning effect! WOW!
Deb.xx

Sandi Spink said...

Stunning, love the colours and multiple layers and textures. Will definitely have to get some of those chippies

Jo said...

In love with these wonderful titles!

Jean Bullock said...

Gorgeous layouts. I pinned both of them. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/415386765609254379/

Louise Turner said...

Wonderful colours in both layouts and some fabulous 2 Crafty chipboard as well. Very inspiring.

Reusing Cards & Quilling said...

Gorgeous projects ! glad to be following :)

Rosslyn Coutts said...

Wonderful inspiration.

Glass Daisy said...

I love the colours used, love the chippies.xx

ros said...

amazingly beautiful, love how feminine they are ♥

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

I am so in love with these creations! Stunning work! The chippies look amazing :)

Deena said...

Catherine you layouts are stunningly beautiful, thank you for sharing your talent with us.

Monique Lelievre said...

Wow! Very very beautiful ! I love your creations and your pictures !

Monique Lelievre said...

Wow! Very very beautiful ! I love your creations and your pictures !

Jennifer Snyder said...

You add such drama to your page in such an amazing way. your pages dance

Marianne/skorpionen said...

Those to layouts are outstanding!!

Joséphine said...

So very gorgeous Catherine!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!

Deb McCleary said...

WOW, stunning layouts Catherine! Beautiful, dramatic, amazing! Thanks for sharing your wonderful creativity!
Deb.xx

stef said...

ta page est magnifique!!!! j'adore les couleurs et la mise en page!!!! WOW!

Beck Beattie said...

love the white contrasts against all the beautiful colour!

Fiona Paltridge said...

Stunning!!! Catherine you are one very talented chicky!

Carol Deal said...

That is just stunning

WendyBen said...

Stunning color schemes, so beautifully crafted!