Saturday, August 1, 2015

August Layouts PLUS a VIDEO
By Valérie Ouellet

"Love"
 
Hello everyone! 
For this creation, I had fun with my embossing powders. I have also made a 
 STEP BY STEP VIDEO to demonstrate my creative process.
 
Click the arrow to view the video....
 
 
 
I use several gold embossing powders. 
I like to put several layers of powders to make it more opaque.  
I cut the chipboard "Angie's Vines" into several parts to include
 them in several places on my layout.
 
For the "Film strip" chippie, I use a black embossing powder first, 
then a gold metallic powder to create a worn effect.  
 
 
With the "Love-title", I began with a gold powder and then a brilliant one.
 
 
2Crafty Chipboards Used:  
 
"Angie's vines"

  "Love Loopy Font"                            "Film Strips-Small"



"Capture" 
 
 
 For my second layout, I worked with very bright colors only with my acrylic paints.
 I loved the little words from "Mini Word Set 1" and I used the word "capture" 
 as my title. I also added some of the little "Butterflies" that can be used anywhere.
 

 I fell in love with the "Flamingos" that are really trendy. I then added a
 beautiful foliage,  the "Esther Vine", to recall the nature and the summer pictures.


2Crafty Chipboards used:
     
                                       "Butterflies"                                   "Mini Word Set 1"
 


"Esther Vine"                                     "Flamingos"    
                                   
 

 
 Thanks and see you soon!
 
Photobucket
 

32 comments:

Robin Shakoor said...

Fantastic! Your techniques are out of this world!

Jennifer Snyder said...

gosh this is really a cool fun fresh way to use the flamingo. I love it.

Di Garling said...

LOOOOOVE both these wonderful creations Valerie but I especially LOVED your VIDEO. So great to see you create. TFS with us all.

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

Oh wow! The details in here are gorgeous! Love them both. Thank you for the video tutorial!

ros said...

wow wow wow. Super fabulous! ♥

Catherine Giguère said...

Tes pages sont vraiment magnifiques! Gorgeous work Valerie!

Tina Ollett said...

Stunning creations Valerie. And I so enjoyed your video tutorial. Thankyou for sharing your inspiring work. 😊

Rachael Funnell said...

Both of these pages are GORGEOUS.....

Lisa Griffith said...

Fantastic video Valerie! love both these layouts so much :)

Fiona Paltridge said...

Valerie these is so beautiful!! and thank you for your amazing video! Loved it xx

Fiona Paltridge said...

Valerie these is so beautiful!! and thank you for your amazing video! Loved it xx

Fiona Paltridge said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trudi Harrison said...

Absolutely stunning creations Valerie. Your attention to detail is amazing!

Marianne/skorpionen said...

Amazing layouts Valerie!!

Tracee said...

Gorgeous pages, thankyou for sharing your process Tx

Priscilla Lim said...

Truly stunning layout! You have reminded to use my mini attacher :)

Debbi Tehrani said...

Amazing pages, Valerie. They're both just awesome and full of incredible details. Thank you for sharing your process. Off to watch!

Athanasia said...

Gorgeous work! I love them both!!!

Caroline Elliam said...

c'est magnifique ma belle amie j'adore te voir travailler! That's gorgeous!

Isabelle N. said...

Love the color combo, Valerie !

Shannon Miller said...

Gorgeous layouts! Thanks for sharing your process :)

Katie said...

Love how fun the layout "Capture" is!

Ann Vear said...

C'est superbe! J'aime beaucoup!

Melissa Larson said...

Beautiful design and colors!

Jean Bullock said...

I love the beautiful flow you created with the chipboard on the first layout. Awesome colors and embellishment and the second layout is so cute and FUN. Pinned both of them. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/415386765609254446/ https://www.pinterest.com/pin/415386765609254454/

Louise Turner said...

Such inspiring layouts and thank you for the video tutorial! I love to watch the craft process of others.

Katie Lamb said...

Beautiful layouts

Monique Lelievre said...

Très belles créations ! j aime beaucoup la deuxième avec le chipboard et les couleurs, ta page est rafraichissante !

Deb McCleary said...

I'm loving your layouts and your wonderful featuring of the chipboard. I'm not naturally one to use chipboard in my layouts, but you've shown how to use them to advantage beautifully! Thanks!
Deb.xx

natalie dyer said...

I just love the finishes on these pages...time to start exploring

stef said...

ta première page est juste écoeurante!!!! la 2e est aussi très belle!!! tu es une inspiration pour moi :)

Beck Beattie said...

Such sweet pages!