Sunday, December 7, 2014

A Couple of Layouts & a Canvas from Helen Tilbury


Follow Your Dreams


Hi there everyone!  HELEN here today with a couple of layouts to share.

Always Follow Your Dreams (unit of 3)
 
I just LOVE 2Crafty's selection of titles so I used this lovely one above.



I also used Sharon's Butterflies randomly around the layout.


For the title I simply inked it with black Archival ink.  For the butterflies
 I inked them with red Archival ink, without gessoing anything first, 
so the colour soaked in to more of a maroon colour.  


I added some white sponging onto the butterflies for a lighter feel.


I cut one of the butterflies in half & tucked each half 
of it under my layers for some added dimension.


Often I use chipboard pieces to "pin down" other elements
 beneath them, in this case flower petals & gauze.


The BEST thing about CHIPBOARD is that you can stockpile
 it & the COLOUR & FINISH will never go out of fashion! 
 Because  you can customize it to match your current page.


I used some confetti bling to indicate the route of the
 butterflies & I think they add a nice sparkly touch too!


-----------------------------------------


Next up I have another layout to share with you!

Dream Big

Again I used another gorgeous 2Crafty Chipboard title for this page.
These titles honestly "make" the page in my opinion!

Dream Big Title (unit of 3)

I used Aladine inks on my title.  They are awesome little inks
 that can be painted on using a fine paintbrush & they are ultra-sparkly!


I used up the last Sharon's Butterfly from the pack above - that I used on the previous 
layout. I painted it with Tulip IZINKS from Aladine then sponged lightly with white acrylic.


Again I used the chipboard to anchor down some metallic
 thread that I looped around underneath my layout.  


I used the Summer Leafy Stems as well as the Heidi's Vines as a base for 
my flowers, leaves & bling, which I used to decorate the centre of the stamens.  


I treated the foliage chipboards with Color Bloom Sprays from Prima, 
a light sponging of white acrylic paint & a little Izinks Gold from Aladine.  


Before placing & adhering my chipboard vines I used them as a mask around where
 I planned to position my photo -  it creates a nice effect with no other stencil required!


These leafy chipboard pieces are a MUST for your chippie stash if you ask me - 
they are such a good basic & can be dressed up in such fun ways using your flower stash!


I hope I have inspired you to use your chipboard as a stencil next time
 you create with it & also to dress it up with flowers, leaves & bling!

Heidi's Vines (unit of 3)


----------------------------------


Lastly I am sharing a canvas I made recently for 7 Dots Studio.


I used just one tiny leaf stem on this canvas, but first I cut it into 2 pieces!


To treat the chipboard I pushed it face first into my black archival ink pad,
which gave it a granite/black mottled effect, then I sprayed the piece with Lime 
Wedge Prima Color Bloom Spray & dried it off.  This gave it a subtle shimmer!


For the flowers close by I stamped them with a script stamp, which ties in with
 the black mottled effect on the leaves.  This gives a more grunge look
 whereas a solid black look is more slick & graphic.

To have a look at the gigantic selection of 2Crafty Chipboard on offer head on 
over HERE.  Contact Vanessa at sales@2crafty@optusnet.com,au if you are
 not aware of your local stockist so she can put you in touch!!

I hope you have enjoyed my projects today!!
See you on the other side of Christmas!

Photobucket

11 comments:

Debbi Tehrani said...

Beautiful pages, Helen! Love the gems you added to those leafy stems, and so cool how you used them also as a mask.

Jean Bullock said...

WOW!WOW!WOW! Fabulous.

Stéphanie Papin said...

I am always fasinated by your work Helen, you have such hability to work with all, colors, chipboards, and technich, and here again, you give us beautiful ideas with these chipboards !

Belle à cropper said...

I love the way you use the chipboards, 3 beautiful projects, I love the colours of the 1st one !

Ebony van der Starre said...

All fantastic but my favourite would have to be Dream big!

JRABS -Jennifer Snyder said...

Helen, your use of color is stunning - you have a gorgeous eye for drama on the page.

Stacey Young said...

These are just fantastic Helen! I absolutely love the canvas, the colours are soooo pretty :)

Di Garling said...

Great post Helen & awesome use of all the chippies.

Margaret Mifsud said...

Absolutely stunning work as always Helen!! Your layouts are fabulous, you have such an amazing talent for using just the right colours and textures, especially on the chippies. My fave has to be the canvas, it is so beautiful, but I love them all. ox

Janice Nicholls said...

Wonderful creations Helen....I love the colours on the Canvas. x

Nicole Doiron said...

Beautiful projects.. my favorite - the canvas! Adore the soft color palette! Love it!