Saturday, November 29, 2014

Melenia's Shares for November


Hello everyone!
It's Melenia with you today, to share a layout I created
with the beautiful Skeleton Leaves
Breanna's Swirl and the gorgeous loopy-font title "Favourite"
(plus 2 more pages, which I have put 2 Crafty Chippies in).


"My Favourite Flower"

As you see I have used mixed media techniques on my layout,
and I added the big pieces of my chipboard in black,
for contrast!




The Breanna's swirl was gessoed and sprayed with black ink, but not in all over.
A few touches of gesso on it, to help it become a harmonious part of my big cluster.



Now the title is the highlight of the layout 
and I definitely wanted to make it pop as much as possible.




Since we are talking about a flower, I couldn't omit the Skeleton Leaves,
which makes the leaves of my flower although the flower in the 
photo doesn't have leaves.
The flowers were sprayed with a 13 Arts Pearl Mist, 
for extra glow.






I also wanted to show you my of 7 Dots Studio layouts.
The first one was for the Sketchabilities challenge blog,
in which I used the lovely "Indian Feathers" and .. what else? 
Of course a "Groovy Flower".


"Looking in a Mirror"


As you see, the colour of the chipboard matched perfectly 
with the colours of my background paper, so I didn't alter them a lot.
I left them  raw & just added green ink to make them part of my clusters.
I sprinkled some glitter on for extra sparkle, like I always do!
 
 

The second one was meant for 7 Dots Studio itself.
It features the elegant Geneive Corner and it 's called 

"Bloom"


 
 
The Geneive Corner was an essential part of my design,
because I wanted it to be the base which 
the whole cluster would be built on. So I painted it
with white paint and then over-loaded it with glitter!
So that's all from me now!
I hope you like my pages and
the way I have incorporated the lovely
2 Crafty Chipboard in them!
 
 
And remember, to find a 2Crafty stockist near you, drop an email to...
salesat2crafty@optusnet.com.au


Photobucket

9 comments:

Fiona Paltridge said...

So beautiful xxx Melenia you are a true inspiration. I don't have a favorite ....... I love all three <3

Margaret Mifsud said...

Stunning pages Melenia, I especially love the first one. The colours just pop off the page and the black chippies look fabulous!! ox

Di Garling said...

Magnificent post Melenia, these layouts are all just beautiful. Love them all and thanks for sharing them with us all.

Janice Nicholls said...

Beautiful creations Melenia. xx

JRABS -Jennifer Snyder said...

each of your pages is simply jaw dropping. those colors - wowowowwowo

Nicole Doiron said...

You are a pro at mixed media Melenia! Lovely work!

Lisa Griffith said...

Melenia, your creations are always breathtaking! I love the way you use color, these are just simply gorgeous...each one.

Stéphanie Papin said...

all your layout are really great ! simply gorgeous and i love your work with these chipboards !

Stacey Young said...

These are stunning Melenia!! Love the mixed media work mixed in with the chipboard pieces. Gorgeous colours too :)