Sunday, November 2, 2014

A CANVAS
By Di Garling



Hi there friends, back  again  to show you this CANVAS
that I created the other day. I think a canvas makes a great present & this
time of year, with Christmas fast approaching,  I think we are 
all starting to think about presents and what to get for who !!!
Well problem solved, create a canvas.

 
I wanted this to be super soft & pale, not in my normal style with lots of
bold colours etc just pale & pretty to stand alone.
 
  First up I have used some of the gorgeous  "Tiny Leaf Stems" underneath my
flower cluster. Such a lovely chippie piece. I started off by firstly giving 
them a coat of gesso, followed by dabbing on some texture paste with  my
finger to create some nice texture. Next I wiped them over with two different 
green distress inks brushed over with some water to blend them. When dry I
gave them a light brush with some gold Silks paint to create some shimmer.

 

Here you can see I have used  this title, "This is Me". This is a new release item from
2Crafty Chipboard. It was joined but as I often do, I cut it apart to suit my layout.
I gave it a coat of gesso followed by a quick lick of acrylic
paint & finished off with a little ink dabbed on & smudged with my
finger for just the right finish I was after.


I have also used their "6" Chicken Wire Panel" which I have cut up & just
poked pieces in here & there. The perfect piece for a shabby project.
I have left the chicken wire raw, with no paint etc Looks great
& worked well with my colour scheme.

 Lots of beautiful flowers & a little bling.


Next up I have used some 
of their leaves from the "Bamboo Palms" set. Once again I cut 
the leaves off the original stems to use here.
I ttreated these the same as I did the "Tiny Leaf Stems".


A little stenciling on the background with just a hint of colour.

Well thats all for me today, thanks for calling by.
I would love you to leave me a comment & let me know
what you think of my canvas.

 
And remember, to find a 2Crafty stockist near you, drop an email to...
salesat2crafty@optusnet.com.au
 
 
Photobucket

9 comments:

Debbi Tehrani said...

Exquisite, Di!The colors are beautiful, and your background is just gorgeous! So much texture and loveliness on one canvas! Love your work so much!

Kerry said...

This is absolutely beautiful!

Janice Nicholls said...

Absolutely Gorgeous in every way....Love,Love,Love it Di. xx

elaine said...

Hi Di, this is my first post, I have just been to the Penrith Craft Show so have lots of new goodies to start using. Thanks for sharing the info on how to use the products to best advantage. I think this canvas is so beautiful. I look forward to seeing more 'pale' inspiration. Thank. Elaine. xx

Nicole Doiron said...

This canvas is so beautiful... loving the kraft and burlap flowers and all those leaves. Super soft and a perfect Christmas gift!

JRABS -Jennifer Snyder said...

dang Di!!!!! You wow me with each and every piece you create

Stacey Young said...

It's a super sweet canvas Di, just gorgeous :)

Belle à cropper said...

What a great idea to put a picture on a this beautiful canvas !! I love all the soft colours and all the pieces you picked ! That will be a gorgeous decoration !

Fiona Paltridge said...

Stunning canvas Di. So beautiful xx