Monday, August 11, 2014

August Inspiration
Three Layouts to Share
By Di Garling

 "Be Yourself"

Hello there 2 Crafty fans, thanks for calling by.
Today I have three layouts to share with you & I have used some of 
their latest released pieces. Looove them all.

2Crafty products used..
6" Bubble Grid Panel
Title-"Be Yourself"
2014-Date
Leafy Shrub Set #2


After a quick coat of gesso I just painted this cute little title, "Be Yourself" with some Tim Holtz
Distress Crackle Paint. Too easy & it gives the chippies a great texture too.


Now the feature chippie piece on this layout would have to be this newly
released "Bubble Grid Panel". It is actually a 6" square but I have cut it
into pieces & placed it all around my photo & I have still got lots left to use
 on another project. All I have done with this chippie piece is to colour it
with a black ink pad. It doesn't get much easier than that.

I just loooove the look of plain black chippies with bright colours 
on a layout. I think it packs a punch.


Some nice background textures using mixed media & stamping,
creates a good backdrop for the plain black chippies.


In the next two photos you can see I have used a couple of the pieces of the
"Leafy Shrub Set #2" which again I just coloured with a black ink pad. 
They do look good tucked in with your flower clusters.


Here you can see the "2014" tucked in underneath the photo
 & I painted it in the  Distress Crackle paint the same as my title.
 These dates come in a multi pack & have about 10 in a pack. 
They also come in different years too.
Great way to turn the date into an embellishment.

 
 
 
  "The Best of Friends"
 
This layout is of my best friend & myself & my Godaughter.
2Crafty products used...
"The Best of Friends" - title
Square Collage Panel
Dandelions
Leafy Twig Branches
 
  This 6" "Square Collage Panel" is another new release peice from 2 Crafty.
They do a new release of 30 plus pieces every 6 to 8 weeks so there is always
something new to inspire us all. I have again cut this panel into several pieces &
also, again simple coloured it black with a nice juicy black ink pad.
It makes more of a statement & gives your layout a modern & punchy look.
 
 
For my title, "The Best of Friends", I firstly gave it a 
coat of gesso followed by some Gelatos.
 
You can also see in this close up tucked in at the side of the title,
I have used some chippie  "Dandelions". These were treated
the same as the title, but when dry I added some glue to the ends
& dipped them into some gold microbeads.

 
I have also tucked in around my flower clusters some chippie
"Leafy Twig Branches" which were treated the same as the Dandelions.



 
For my last layout I have gone with this vintage one that I did recently.
"Those Were The Days"

I created this one recently for a challenge I went in over at Berry71Bleu
& it was lucky enough to be chosen as a winner.

2Crafty products used...
Title-"Those Were the Days"
6" Skeleton Clock Frames
Leafy Rounds


All of the chippie pieces on this layout were firstly given a coat of gesso,
followed by a coat of Tim Holtz "Distress Stain" & when dry I have
brushed on some brown "Coffee Shop" Glimmermist to add a llittle
shimmer. Brushing it on instead of spraying it you get more on &
therefore you achieve more depth in your colour.

 
  Well thats all from me, I hope I have inspired you to include some wonderful
2Crafty chippies in your next project too. If you are not sure where to get them,
send an email to the address below & they will let you know a stockist nearest you.
 
And remember, to find a 2Crafty stockist near you, drop an email to...
salesat2crafty@optusnet.com.au
 
Until next month

 

Photobucket
 
 

14 comments:

mamaLeka said...

All the works superb !!!

Belle à cropper said...

Di everything is gorgeous! I love what you did with the chippies, the colours !! amazing!

Vanessa said...

Divine projects Di, in love with the 1st one, great use of the new chippie. Looooooove them to pieces.

Margaret Mifsud said...

Gorgeous Di!! Every one of these is amazing! Love the bubble grid panel and I really love the black chippies against the bright colours, just makes them pop!! Absolutely stunning pages as always!! ox

Janice Nicholls said...

WOW!! WOW!! WOW!!
Amazing pieces of Art Di ....Absolutely gorgeous.....Love all the different chippie treatments...especially love the micro bead touches on the dandelions... just gorgeous. Love them all. xx

Stacey Young said...

Wonderful creations as always Di! I just love when you use brights!! Love those new chippie pieces too, must get me some :)

Nicole Doiron said...

Amazing work Di! Love your black accents off the first 2 pages and the 3rd layout is just so sweet!

JRABS -Jennifer Snyder said...

wow gorgeous pieces but "those were the Days" pops right out for me in exquisite delight

Wilma Voermans said...

Love those layouts all of them, but the first stole my heart!

Melenia Agapides said...

Like I said in fb, I must have these panels!!!!!!!!!!!Your work is stunning, Di!!

MARILYN said...

Gorgeous creation Di!!..like always! love the new chippies...xo

Fiona Paltridge said...

Love these projects especially the first one. Can't wait to try out those new chippies!

Helen Tilbury said...

What a fantastic collection of work Di!! Honestly could never choose a favourite from such a set!!

Ebony van der Starre said...

Great layouts!! Love the colours in the first one especially. Very striking