Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Crafty one more time with Chantalle McDaniel

Hello 2Crafty fans!

Sadly the time has come for me to say goodbye as Guest Designer. It has been
 such a priviledge and I want to extend my thanks to Vanessa for allowing me
to be a part of the 2Crafty family and wish everyone the very best going forward!

My Favourite Age


2Crafty Pieces used:

Number Vertical
ATC Tiny Hearts & Stars
Favourite Loopy Font
Scrabble Tile
Word Bubbles
Asst Arrows


This layout might divide viewers, as it has no photos!
 (What better way to show off chippie pieces though!) 
I have wanted to do something like this for a while and the  
Number Vertical was perfect for a journalling-based page.

The numbers are a focal point and serve as the base for my journalling which centres around the various ages and stages of my DS. I am very unhappy my wonky handwriting, but it is something my fussy side needs to get past. If I come across something handwritten by my Mother, I adore it, so I'm hoping my kids will one day appreciate my scrawl! Hehe.


Numbers Vertical, treated with gesso and shimmering Luminarte Twinkling H2Os


The 'Favourite loopy font' has been treated with navy Color Shine and the Scrabble tiles, primed with gesso. The letters were filled in with black pen and finally, given a thick coat of Glossy Accents.
I have left some of the chipboard pieces in their natural state. I think it gives a good contrast. I've snipped the callout bit off this Word Bubble piece and run it through my Cuttlebug. The arrow has been misted and the colour deepend with a Copic Marker near the tip.





White chevron treated with white embossing powder
 This arrow below has been primed with gesso, then had a section of the tip covered in woodgrain washi tape. I then misted the back section and punched a small star. Once the mist was dry, I cut a small strip of the washi out and pulled it off, leaving the exposed area white.


Pop some rivets into your chippies for fun! The 'cool' word bubble has been given 
an ombre effect with two shades of ink that I've blended.


 
Now on to a CD gift box I have altered...

Hello Sunshine gift box


2Crafty Pieces used:

Asst Arrows
Nella Frame
ATC Tiny Hearts & Stars
Leafy Shrub set 2


The box was painted with acrylic paints and misted, using the negative piece of the Leafy Shrub (set2). With it's whimsical swirls and botanical shapes, they made a beautiful background pattern.



The Nella Frame has been given an aged look by first preparing it with gesso, then misting with shades of Color Shine and painted with some coordinating acrylic paint. Once that was dry, I painted over with more white acrylic and finally, applied a good coat of Crackle Paint.


LEFT : Misted and painted.     
RIGHT: White top coat applied, then Crackle Paint

Some final flourishes of arrows and mini hearts. The heart has been give a coat
 of white glitter for sparkle.


That is it from me for now. Thank you again. I'm looking forward to seeing all the wonderful new creations in the future! Have fun girls!

And remember, to find a 2Crafty stockist near you, drop an email to...
salesat2crafty@optusnet.com.au


Thanks for joining me!
Chantalle




Photobucket