Saturday, January 11, 2014

First Share from Debbi

Hi, I'm Debbi Tehrani and I'm so excited to be a "Resident Guest Designer"
 for 2Crafty this year! I scrap 8 x 8, and I love how well the 2Crafty pieces
 work for me on my small pages.

For my first page, I scrapped this lovely photo of my mom and her wonderful
 husband, Ed, who we just lost this Christmas. I decided to go monochromatic
 to show off the beautiful chipboard.

Because of the waterfall, I wanted to make the chipboard look as if they'd been splashed.
 I first coated them with gesso. Then I dabbed green stamp ink on them. Next I spritzed
 them with three colors of mist--two greens and a brown. Finally, I sprinkled clear 
embossing powder and used a heat gun to give them the wet look I was going for. 
The leaves I used are Twiggy Branch, and are just perfect for cutting apart and layering,
 so that this one piece can be used on multiple layouts.


For the title (Loving These Moments) title, I covered up the "Loving" word before
 applying the green stamp ink and mist. Then, I covered "These Moments," and applied
 Ranger Enchanted Gold embossing powder, which gave that word a lovely, soft shimmer.

 The gorgeous scrolled element tucked behind the photo is a piece cut off of the
 Parisian Border. This piece is just exquisite, and I love that it has five
 decorative parts, so that border will go far!


For the cluster at the top of my page, I used the beautiful Bella Flourish, a perfect little shelf 
for  the word to sit on. "Treasure" came from ATC Words, a pack that has 11 sweet little words
 plus a couple of stars.

For my second layout I used some more awesome 2Crafty chipboard to create my 
page for this week's  Case File at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration. I'm proud 
to say that 2Crafty has been a generous sponsor for our challenge.

Here's the Case File I used for this page:

And my page. This is Ed when he was a young boy. "Ed's Big Jump" was written
 on the back of the picture, so that's what I went with for the title.

I love that 2Crafty has chipboard to suit all different styles, and I found some perfect
 pieces to adorn this boyish, sporty layout.

"Ed's Big Jump"

I used acrylic paint on the chipboard to match the colors in the palette and then outlined 
in pen to add a touch of detail. I used a crackle stamp over the "Awesome," a part of
 Word Bubbles, which comes with six different words in different-shaped speech bubbles. 
The View Master reel is the medium size of 3 elements in the View Finder set.


The Chevron Bits were a perfect accent to lead the eye to the subject of the photo. 
The Film Strips - Small is a perfect border to tuck behind layers. I cut this in half
 lengthwise so I could use the other half on a second layout.

I just love this chipboard! It's just the right thickness to add dimension but doesn't add
 too much bulk so that you can layer it. The diversity of styles and elements is just
 fabulous, and I can't wait to use some more of this wonderful chipboard on my next layout!

Thank you so much for visiting the 2Crafty blog and taking a peek at my creations!
Photobucket