Saturday, January 25, 2014

A Couple of Christmas Layouts
Plus My Scrap Around The World Page
By Helen Tilbury

Hi there 2 Crafty fans!
HELEN here sharing my very first 2 Crafty post with you today :)
 

For this page I used 3 pieces of 2 Crafty chipboard.
The largest piece, with the hearts, is the 'Corner Heart Spray.'
The two bottom pieces come from a set of 3 pieces called the
'Leafy Shrub Set 1' - a gorgeous set indeed!!


I have already edited & printed out my Christmas photographs
& am determined to get them all scrapped asap!  


I enhanced the chipboard using a red gelato from Faber Castell,  
applied randomly then spread with a baby wipe.  I then sponged
highlights of gesso on using a small sponge & lastly I added some
sparkle to random areas using some glittery gold varnish.


I love the 3D 'shaded' look the chipboard takes on when given this treatment.
I also added in some other gold accents by means of glittered-up alphas, twine
& 'to die for' gold doilies sent to me from the USA - serious LOVE!!


You will usually see that I treat my chipboard in an uneven manner
rather than painting, embossing, etc all over in a uniform style.
To me this makes the effect look more artistic.


I LOVE the 'Corner Heart Spray' piece!  It is really
substantial & makes for SUCH a dramatic focal point...


I also love how in this instance it reminds me of Christmas ornaments/
decorations draping down from a branch.  Perfect for this layout!!

----------------------------------------------

I completed this next layout, also along the Christmas theme,
using three  very different pieces of chipboard as I challenged
myself to see how effectively I could get them to work together!


The large piece of chipboard positioned under the photo, coming 
out from the top right, is the 'Corner Christmas Star Spray', which
 I cut into two pieces, placing the smaller piece underneath the photo.


Working around the layout in an anti-clockwise fashion,
from the top right, here in the top left corner I have used
another piece of 2 Crafty chipboard - 'Corner Marisa'.


I gave the Marisa Corner a completely different treatment to the large
 ' Corner Christmas Star Spray'.  On the large Star piece I embossed 
using  Lindy's Stamp Gang Embossing Powders in Midnight Copper
 & Candy Cane Red Gold, both applied randomly then sponged with 
gesso, with some areas deliberately left raw too.


To add more texture & interest to my chipboard I added some white 
threads underneath them, which I first swirled around to encourage 
them to lie in a random pattern.  I also added some staples here & 
there as I love the industrial look this adds.


I used a beautiful swirl on the right of my photograph - 
it is called the 'Elegant Flourish' & is sold in a pack of 2.


I treated the 'Marisa Corner' piece & the 'Elegant Swirl'
both in exactly the same way.  I stamped  randomly over
each using Vintage Photo Distress Ink by Ranger,
 then sponged some small areas in white gesso.


I hope you enjoyed my two Christmas themed pages this month & that they 
have inspired you to use 2 Crafty Chipboard on your layouts - it doesn't
even need to be specifically Christmas themed as I've shown you :)

--------------------------------------------------------

Now onto something completely different!


Here is the very beautiful Mood Board from Scrap Around The World,
together with my Design Team interpretation of it, using plenty of pieces
of 2 Crafty Chipboard tucked in here, there & everywhere!
{You can join in the fun too!  Entries close 31st December midnight EST}


I layered up lots of different textures & cut up the 2 Crafty 'chicken-wire'
sheet into 4 different pieces to use on each side of my photo cluster.


Above, you can see I used a leafy branch 'Summer Leaf Stems' that I also
 cut up into three  different pieces to tuck into different areas of my paper cluster, forming
 a visual triangle.  I used about half the pack {it is sold in a set of 3 leafy branches}.


At the top right here you can see I used a chipboard flower, which I embossed
 with Lindy's Stamp Gang Embossing Powder in Hydrangea Blue Mauve 
- a truly beautiful colour!  I have one in the opposite corner too...


These flowers are called 'Sakura Flowers' when you buy them from
2 Crafty.  I chunky embossed them by using an embossing dabber 
instead of an embossing pad, as it gives an uneven texture, which
is just what I love!  With some areas left raw too...


I added a glass pebble on top of each 'Sakura Flower' & some pink 
candy cane twine underneath them.  Chipboard is SUCH FUN 
as there are just so many ways you can add detail to it!


I added some doodling around the leafy stems above, just for a bit of fun :-D


Chipboard is often 'the cherry on top' of projects - in other words -
just what the doctor ordered to finish off a piece to perfection!


I hope I have inspired you to order your next (or first!) consignment
of 2 Crafty Chipboard & get experimenting!  As you can see, the 
possibilities really are endless.  Whether you let the raw beauty of
the pieces shine through, by not enhancing the chipboard pieces at 
all - like I have done in the layout above, or whether you dress-it-up
with all sorts of glitzy paints, powders and/or varnishes - chipboard
is a MUST HAVE & 2 Crafty Chipboard has an awesome selection!!




Photobucket

9 comments:

Di Garling said...

Fantastic first post Helen, love your treatment of all the chippie pieces too. Great layouts, love them all and welcome to the 2Crafty DT. Cheers Di

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Wonderful layouts, Helen! Welcome! :D

Janice Nicholls said...

Welcome Helen..... Gorgeous layouts....fabulous chippie treatment and layering. Love your work. x

Margaret Mifsud said...

An amazing debut for 2Crafty Helen, these pages are magnificent!! Gorgeous layering and design and I love your treatment of the chippies!!! Totally stunning!! ox

Helen Tilbury said...

Thanks so much ladies!

Sandi Clarkson said...

These are so amazing! Love the chipboard!

Stacey Young said...

Fabulous layouts Helen....love the last one, the colours are gorgeous and that chicken wire chippie is awesome :)

Stacey Young said...

Fabulous layouts Helen....love the last one, the colours are gorgeous and that chicken wire chippie is awesome :)

Ebony van der Starre said...

Love your layering in each and every one!