Thursday, December 12, 2013

Christmas Inspiration
Two Layouts to Share
By Di Garling


Hello there & welcome to the blog.
Today I have two Christmas layouts to share with you.
I am soooo into glitter at the moment. My first layout I have gone with
cream & gold, although I have to admit it is really hard to photograph
glitter well. Try as I may I just couldn't get the glitter to show up as good
as it is in real life !!! Never mind.

For my background on this layout I have done some mixed media
& also added lots of  glitter & then finished off with a light spray 
of gold mist. I sooo wish you could see just how glittery it really is.

Naturally I have used lots of yummy 2 Crafty chippie pieces
here including, a "Merry & Bright" title as well
as a "2012" from one of their multi packs.


My next  2 Crafty piece I have used here is 
 "Tahnya's 6" Flourish" underneath my photo.


Here you can see I used two of the new "Holly Branches" as well
 I have also added a few of their "Holly Leaves".


2 Crafty have a huge range of  beautiful Christmas things, from titles to
reindeer, holly flourishes etc etc etc.  Check them all out on their website.


All of the chippie pieces I have used on this layout were heat embossed in gold (twice)
 to give a rich & festive feel to my layout, that simple.


 "Christmas Eve"


For this layout I have I have based it on a this months challenge at
 OUAS.
The theme is "my favourite month" so for me that just has to be Christmas time.

 

I started my layout off with a mixed media background & I have again
 heat embossed all of my chipboard pieces, this time in silver.
Again I did it twice so that it is nice & thick & rich.


The first chippie piece I used was one of the many Christmas titles that 2 Crafty have 
available. I thought this "Christmas Eve" title was just perfect for my photo.
I have also added a few "Holly Leaves" from a multi pack.


In this pic you can see I have used another new release piece, "Holly Flourish".
How beautiful is this piece. So wonderfully fine & pretty. Love these.


Here you can see I have used a pair of "Blitzen" reindeer. I adore the flourishy
style of their antlers. A perfect match for the Holly Flourish, don't you think ?


All of my gorgeous flowers, crystal sprays & silver sprays on both of these layouts
are from Green Tara.

Thanks so much for calling by & I will be back on 14th December
with yet another Chrissy layout to share with you.

Merry Christmas
Cheers Di  xo





Photobucket

7 comments:

Нинель said...

Perfect! Very beautiful! The first page of love at first sight! Everything in it is great and wonderful!

Janice Nicholls said...

Absolutely Gorgeous creations Di. Both very different, but equally as beautiful. Love all the Festive chippie pieces, the colours, the amazing background details and photos. Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing. Looking at these inspires me to create. xx

Vanessa said...

Sensational layouts Di, stunning and full of chipboard inspiration. Love the effect of the gold embossing - looks fab.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

How lovely!! I am so loving gold at the moment! I think I'll always love it! Beautiful layouts! :)

Heather Jacob said...

gorgeous Di, you always inject so much happiness and love into your work x

Nicole Doiron said...

Di, I am in LOVE with both your layouts! Gold, Silver... wow! You have brightened up my day! :)

Margaret Mifsud said...

Totally stunning creations Di!! Love both the gold and the silver, they are equally gorgeous!! Love your work!! ox