Sunday, December 8, 2013

Christmas Inspiration by Lindy Gillespie

Hello 2 Crafty friends.
It's December and only a few weeks to Christmas !!!
  Today I have two layouts  plus a couple of cards,
all based on the Xmas theme.
 
 
'Celebrate'
 
 

   On the first layout I tried a different colour combo for a Christmas layout.
  The 2 Crafty pieces I have used are 
 " Heidi Vine", "Funky Snowflakes"  and the Title "Celebrate".


    On all the chipboard I started out sealing them all with a coat of gesso,
     and on the edges of the vine I inked it with Prima attic dust.
I just left  the snowflakes white and I sprayed some 
mist on the title Celebrate.


 'Merry Christmas'


                                                   
            On my second  layout I used
             " Nella Frame", "Brush Stoke Tree",
              " Holly Leaves", "Vintage Border" and "Merry Christmas".

                       The  Frame,  the Vintage Border and the Holly Leaves I left natural,
                                   the Brush Tree I gave a coat of gesso then embossed in white, &
                         finally the Merry Christmas title I cut into sections and embossed in silver.

                            
 



    I also have Two Christmas cards.
     'Merry Christmas'

    On this card I have used the "Star Of David"
     which I just left natural and the "Star" I painted
          in white acrylic paint.
                                                  
   'A Very Merry Christmas to You'

I have used the same technique on the 
"Brush Tree" & the "Doily".
 I cut the Doiley in half and simply painted it white.


Wishing  everyone  a Merry Christmas
  and a happy New Year.

I hope I have inspired you to use some fabulous
2 Crafty chipboard on your next project too.
Until next time.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Di Garling said...

Wonderful Christmas projects Lindy. I particularly love the first layout though. Beautiful. Cheers Di

Vanessa said...

Great projects Lindy - love number 2 especially - love the vintage photos and cards are fantastic. Thanks for the Xmas inspiration.

Janice Nicholls said...

Your creations ooze inspiration and beauty Lindy.
Love the colour combos,the beautiful photos and the layered festive chippie pieces on your layouts. Beautiful cards too. xx

Elena Olinevich said...

Love all of them , so cozy and festive at the same time

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Gorgeous projects! Love Christmas projects and don't the chippies look awesome on cards!! Fantastic!

Nicole Doiron said...

Lindy, your creations are simply marvelous! I love each and every one, especially the 1st card!