Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Shabby Chic and Mixed Media Combined
By Keren Tamir

"Our Beautiful Girl"


I've really went simple with this layout, well simple for me as
 I usually heavily embellish my page.
I used old MME papers that I found in my stash and I masked them with
 a new hexagon stencil from Heidi Swapp that I recently bought at a store.


The 1" Hexagon chipboards were primed in gesso then sprayed with
 Pop Art Pink Shimmerz spray.
The title: Our Beautiful Girl and the flourishes (Flourish Adornment set 5) 
 were sprayed in Concrete Shimmerz spray and then lightly brushed with gesso.


I really wanted to match the hexagon theme throughout the whole 
page and I managed to do it using the mask, the chipboard and
 the background images.


<<<<<<>>>>>>>

"You are always in my heart"


Well, I know what you might say, I went very simple this month with my
 2 Crafty Reveal. However, I really wanted to showcase the chipboard 
in a simpler manner than usual to reach out to those of you who still
 hesitate to dabble in the Mixed Media world.


I wanted to create a motherly feel to this layout using lots of bird themed
 embellishments. I used this Kaisercraft die-cut to create the background
 and then decorated with Prima flowers and embellishments. 
I really love this picture of my son and I and I framed it in this 
Maggie Holmes canvas frame.


I used the following 2 Crafty chipboard pieces:
Twiggy Nests with eggs: These are just so adorable. You can see them 
on the photo above. I inked the nest in brown and the eggs in cream.
Tree with Sparrows: I love this tree and I inked the branches in brown
 and the sparrows in creamy ink.
Clock Faces: I also inked them in brown and tucked them under the flowers.



<<<<<>>>>>>

Dream in Color


I used lots of mixed media techniques on this layout. All the chipboard
 pieces were primed with Gesso and then painted in Shimmerz paint 
or sprayed accordingly.

I used the following 2 Crafty chipboard pieces....
 hearts




Thank you so much for visiting me &
have a fabulous day!!

Keren
http://kerentamir.blogspot.ca



Photobucket

8 comments:

Vanessa said...

All 3 layouts are gorgeous Keren and amazing attention to detail as always. Great choice and use of chippie, love the Tree and sparrows in No. 2, looks great.

Di Garling said...

Awesome post Keren, love them all. So many fab details. Such great use of all those chippies too. Cheers Di. Xo

Janice Nicholls said...

Fabulous Shabby Chic and mixed media layouts Keren...
You have show cased the chippie beautifully.
Gorgeous work. xx

JeLiBe@nZ said...

beautiful layouts Keren! Love all of them, especially how you show-cased the chippies just as they are!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Beautiful work!! How cute is that nest and eggs! Lovely!

Sarah said...

stunning Keren!!!! I love what you have done with the chippies too!

Lindy Gillespie said...

Fabulous work Keren! love your shabby chic pages...great use of the chippies.xo

Nicole Doiron said...

Keren, you know you're one of my favorite artists out there! Thanks so much for all the inspiration!