- Corner Sign Post - this has been used at the top left corner of my layout, almost like an elaborate photo corner. I have snipped off the sign - I'll use that on another project later - and I've painted the chipboard with a mixture of black and purple acrylic paint, mixing the colours directly onto the product.
- Scary Tree - treated the same as the above, plus I have given the cat yellow glowing eyes with a yellow Uniball gel pen, I've journalled on the sign with a white gel pen and I've added cobwebs and spiders to the background, once the tree was adhered.
- Splats Puddles - I've made my own Scooby Doo goo using these cool shaped splats! I've first painted them in gesso, then I've added lots of green paint with a a paintbrush - "chunky-style". It didn't take long to dry either... spooky! ;)
- I've also added a couple of drops from the Weather Bits pack.
- Funky Font - Upper Case - How perfect was this font for this project? I've painted the letters with red acrylic paint twice, then I've applied Dimensional Magic, then finally once completely dry, I've doodled around the edges with a black fine-tipped paint pen, topping of the "O" with an eyeball... Lol!
- Wavy Borders* - So this is what I used as my mask. I have used up almost all the wave positives, so I am left with a 12"x12" sheet of wavy border negatives. What's a girl to do, but use this as a thrifty (yet totally awesome) mask? I love the effect it gave! I wanted to get a similar look to the effect on the photo, and because the negative sheet isn't fixed on all four sides (in fact it is only fixed on one side) I was able to manipulate the "waves" just the way I wanted!
Scared yet?! ;)
Okay onto a decidedly un-spooky layout! This layout was created for CSI. I was a "Guest Detective" last month, along with lots of the other design team girls here at 2Crafty!
My layout is called "Dogs have a special way of adding love to every day"...
Such pretty and sweet colours! I love this series of photos - I just so happened to capture this cute moment by chance.
I have used the following 2Crafty chipboard products on my layout;
1. Dogs Love Saying title - painted in acrylic paint, outlined with black gel pen, I've used a black pearl pen to make a heart paw print inside the heart and I've then adhered the full title onto vellum, before lastly adhering to layout.
2. Chunky Hearts - Some have been painted, some left raw and some covered with patterned paper.
3. Folk Hearts - Same treatment used as above hearts.
4. Funky Hearts - Same treatment used as above hearts.
5. Photo Corners Hearts - I've used the actual punched out hearts on my layout and the corners have been used on different projects.
6. Love Keys - hearts, padlock & key - These have been lightly painted with acrylic paint. The Love Key has been tied with ricrac ribbons, around a folded doily.
7. Heart Fence - This has been used vertically on my page as scallops and I've painted white and peach acrylic paint over the top, layering pink patterned paper cut to size underneath each heart for contrast.
8. Thought Bubble - This has been covered with white patterned paper. I've decorated the edges with washi tape and I've drawn lines and journalled over the top.
Lots and lots of 2Crafty used here... this has smashed my previous record!!! :)
And I have used the following items to crack this case;
Hand-write your journalling
Plus I've used the fabulous colour combination!!
And here's my final layout to share with you. It's another ride layout - "You Love this Ride"...
and I've used some of my favourite 2Crafty chipboard items;
1. The Polaroid Frame - left raw, outlined in black gel pen and stamped with a funky mix of Amy Tangerine stamps.
2. Love - Loopy Font title - ditto!
3. Word Bubbles - the "Hello" bubble has been treated the same as the above and the "Cool" bubble has been stippled with white gesso and cut in half.
4. Tabs Assorted - it's teeny tiny but super cute - I've pushed out one the little shapes from one of these tabs - a flower and it's been adhered next to the title word "ride".
This layout was based on a recent ScrapFriends sketch.
Well that's all from me for this month! I hope you enjoyed my layouts as much as I enjoyed making them!
Thanks for stopping by today!