Sunday, August 25, 2013

CSI August Share by Elena


 
Hello everyone & welcome to the blog today.
As you might know, this month 2Crafty is sponsoring
 Color Stories Inspiration challenge
and I had much fun playing along and solving cases with them.
Today I want to share with you my Layouts I made for this challenge
 
I used some of my favorite chippies here....
 

Frame Flourish 5, misted and inked with several different colors.


The Feather, just slightly covered with Gesso, as it almost looks raw.
 
 
The other part of the Feather I placed under my layers, painted it with mica and inked the edges.
 
 
 Victorian lamp Post - I inked it raw with chalk ink and then applied the gesso 
with a dry brush. I placed it under the photo, as I wanted to recreated
 the lamp post on the photo.


Also I topped it with Mini Fob Watches.
 
***************
 
My second Layout was made for CSI #85
 
 
This time I used mostly acrylic paints for coloring my background
 as well as the chipboard.
 
 
I covered Frame Elouise's with beaded texture paint, misted it and covered 
it with a range of different acrylic paints.
The part of  Doily border was colored with matte acrylic as well 
as with Metallic acrylic paints.
 

Yes, I do like to use smaller cut up pieces of chipboard, and I did the same
 with Corner Vine Leaves.   I painted it with a light color and then applied
 chocolate sorbet on it heavily.


Smile Loopy Font was roughly coloored with Chocolate Sorbet and then with Metallic paint
which was applied with a sponge. Great effect to make it look aged and distressed. 

***************

 Finally my Layout for CSI #85
It has only been revealed yesterday, so you still have a chance to join in with this case
 and win some awesome 2Crafty goodies for your trouble.


I used Eiffel Tower as the main focus of my layout, and colored it with pink and egg plant
 acrylic paint, then slightly covered some parts with Gesso.


The same techniques were used on one of the Pointing Finger Sign.
 
 
The bits of Chicken Wire I placed here and there and painted it 
with pink acrylic paint randomly.
 
 
Just love how they add a finished look to the project.
 
 
Being a savvy scrapper I like adding some bits left from the previous creations, so I added 
a small piece of a Giant Gear too.
 
 
I hope you have liked my projects this month,
and please join us at CSI too.
Elena
 
 
Photobucket