Wednesday, May 8, 2013

My May Reveal by Lindy Gillespie

Happy


Welcome everyone to my first post as
 as a 2 Crafty DT member...I must say it's such an honour
to be working with some amazingly talented girls.
 A big thank you to Vanessa and Di!

Now onto my first never seen before layout.

 I have used five pieces of chipboard on this page.
Anas VineRuler under the vine,

Here are some close-ups of the techniques on the chippies

On the Anas Vine I inked it  in black using Prima Black Coal ink
and applied Shimmerz Texturez in Gritty Graphite with my finger
and just dabbed it on lightly.
With the Rulers I just inked in Prima Attic Dust ink.


 I cut the Clock in half (to use in another project)
inked in Prima Dark rust  and dabbed it
intermittently with Prima Attic Dust ink.



  On the Sybill Frame I used  the same technique 
which turns it a grey colour.
On the Title word Happy 
I just inked with the same ink & just touched
 up the edges with with black coal ink.



Making Faces

On my second layout I have gone for lots of distressing.

I also used five pieces of 2 Crafty chipboard -
Scallop banner2012 and 
Chicken Wire

I painted the chicken wire- white & wiped it over the mixed media
leather inx,  then tucked  it under the layers of papers on each edge.


I cut the Corner Arches in half then inked them with mixed media
inx in leather and I also did the 2012  in the same manner.
I then layered  it on top of the Corner Arches panel.


On the Scallop Banner I embossed them with some copper
embossing powder -then heat set it & let it bubble.


Lastly I just inked the Button, which is from a multi pack,
in the same manner as the other chippies.


Remember 

My last layout is one you may have seen before 
as I created it for OUAS for the April challenge.

On this one I've used 3 pieces of 2 Crafty chipboard.


I inked the Iron Fence and the 2012 in a Prima dust ink.


 On the Wrought Iron I simply painted it black & rubbed
it over with some Shimmerz Texturez in gritty graphite.


Thank you for stopping by.
I hope you were inspired to use some 2 Crafty chipboard on your pages too.
If you would like to visit my blog,
click HERE.
Also remember to visit on FACEBOOK too.

Have a great day.
Lindy 
Photobucket

11 comments:

Di Garling said...

Great first post Lindy, some great tips & techniques here, think I will have to get some of that "Gritty Graphite" you used, it sounds great. Beautiful work as always, very inspirational. Again welcome to the 2 Crafty team.
Cheers Di xo

Vanessa said...

Love them all Lindy and welcome to the team. Gorgeous work, my fav is No.2 - but thats cause I'm drawn to brown and blue. Thanks for sharing.

Emma Stafrace said...

Gee all 3 are absolutely beautiful pages Lindy but if I had to pick the Teal and brown one is so eye catching, love the bronzed effect you did with the chippies they worked perfectly on the page. xo

Lynne Forsythe said...

WOWZEROOOOONIE....your layouts are simply STUNNING!!

Sarah said...

Wow Lindy these are stunning pages! I love them all!

Margaret Mifsud said...

All of these layouts are absolutely stunning!! ox Marg

Keren Tamir said...

so beautiful Lindy!!! love your first reveal!! amazing layouts!!

Nicole Doiron said...

Awesome work!!! I feel so blessed to be on this team with so many talented ladies! Can't wait to see more! :)

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Absolutely BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!! Love them all to bits!!! :D

Jan Rankine said...

Beautiful layouts Lindy - congrats on making the Team.

Heather Jacob said...

wow Lindy, you are on fire girl.. these are amazing x