Sunday, April 7, 2013

April Guest Designer - Kim Price


Hello again! It's Kim again to share another layout I have created
 using some fabulous NEW chipboard and a new look at one of the 
older style packs as well.
 Anyone who may be familiar with some of my work will know I 
have a great love for watercolours and freestyle layouts and today
 I wanted to share a page I have created for 2Crafty using 
some of my old favourite techniques. 


I always like to start out by giving my chipboard pieces
 2 - 3 coats of gesso to prime the surface and to allow any 
colour I might add to really pop.
Today I decided to use a neon shade of green/yellow paint for my
 base colour then added shades of fresh green watercolour to the
 Dandelions for a really interesting look.
 I repeated this technique on the tiny dots from Borders Forever
  after I had arranged them in a circle design on my layout. 


For my title You I used similar techniques but made 
the colour  stronger by adding less water for more impact.
 I just love the gradient effect you can achieve using these techniques. 
I have also added a few little Green Tara flowers & skeleton leaves
for some extra impact.


Thank you so much for dropping by. 
 Remember to visit us on  Facebook  to keep 
up with all the news at 2 Crafty.

If you would like to see more of my work please call in to see me at 
http://www.kimsprice.blogspot.com.au
 
 
Photobucket

10 comments:

Di Garling said...

Fabulous layout Kim, love what you have done to the chippies too, they look great. Thanks for sharing these tips with us. Cheers Di xo

Margyz Paper Games said...

A totally stunning layout Kim. Love how you coloured the chippies, especially the title. Thank you for sharing the technique. Absolutely beautiful. ox Marg

Nicole Doiron said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Love all that white space!

Adriana B said...

wonderful super work , love it :)

Chantal Vandenberg said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! Love this!!! :D

Heather Jacob said...

beautiful work Kim, so soft and heavenly x

Jan Rankine said...

Beautiful work Kim - love the colours.

Keren Tamir said...

so beautiful Kim I love your backgrounds!!

Vanessa said...

Stunning Kim, love the background work and the technique on the chippie is awesome.

Linda Eggleton said...

Wow, this is just amazing, Kim. Love your choice of chipboard for this, and the colours & background are gorgeous.