Thursday, March 7, 2013

March Guest Designer - Kim Price


Hello again! 

Today I wanted to share a layout I created featuring Maggie's Swirl flourish, some tiny chipboard dots taken from the Borders Forever Pack along with a piece of Tiny Filmstrip and sentiment from the Friendship Mini Word Pack.

Because I tend to enjoy creating layouts with lots of white space I like to choose chipboard embellishments which will compliment and enhance my personal style. I just adore how this amazing little flourish has such a big impact on the finished look of my page - it really does add that little extra something special. Team this with a small handful of tiny chipboard dots and I am one very happy scrapper! 

To decorate my chipboard I have applied a couple of coats of gesso, allowing to dry completely between coats, then coloured them using watercolours to coordinate with the rest of my layout. The resulting effect is a colour washed and almost translucent look - with variations of colour typical of watercolouring. Here is a closer look at the detail:





This gorgeous little chipboard word "Happy" from the
Friendship Mini Word Pack makes me so happy!
 I just love these little titles!



I hope you get some inspiration from my layout. Thank you for 
calling in and I look forward to seeing you again next month!

You can find more of my work here.

Kim

Photobucket

13 comments:

lindy Gillespie said...

Very pretty Kim and a great photo of dd.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

AMAZING layout. LOVE the red! Wowsers this is brilliant, Kim!!!!!

Lizzy Hill said...

YUM...especially that film strip....really great work...love what you've done to give the chippies some 'life':):):)

Lizzy Hill said...

.....AND I just found out I won your prize over at CSI.......so I'm SUPER EXCITED...hoping to emulate the gorgeous Kim with some stunning LOs [scuse me while I just choke...not a chance, of course, but I'll have FUN trying.....] THANKS for the sponsorship:):):)

Keren Tamir said...

amazing LO!! love love the way you misted and sprayed!!

Al Hannah said...

That's stunning! ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS

Margyz Paper Games said...

Totally stunning layout Kim. Love the way you did the background and the chippies. ox Marg

Denise van Deventer said...

Wow this is gorgeous...love everything about it! Stunning work!

Leonie said...

so very Beautiful Kim. amazing work!

Di Garling said...

Love love love this Kim. You certainly have worked your magic on those chippies & that background is AMAZING too. Cheers Di xo

Linda Eggleton said...

Beautiful layout & gorgeous photo Kim! Love how you do white space so well!! :)

Fiona said...

Stunning Kim, just love it.
Fiona
x

Nicole Doiron said...

I am totally loving this!!! The color palette is simply delightful!