Wednesday, February 13, 2013

My February Layouts By Di Garling


Hello everyone, welcome to the 2 crafty blog.
Today I have some more layouts using lots of 2 Crafty
 chipboard to share with you.
 My first layout, "Happiness", was based on a sketch from
Inspired Blueprints & also a great water colour technique
\ by the fabulously talented Kim Price.
  I have use one of the 
NEW release pieces,  Corner Marisa. 


This is one of my favourite new pieces & they also come two in a pack.
On this layout I have simply painted my corner in black
acrylic paint. Too easy.



The next piece I have used is this sweet little swirl,
Evan's Swirls, & again there are two in a pack.
I have trimmed some off this piece to make it work on my layout.
I often do this with my chippie pieces & I save the cut off bits
& use them on another project later. I have also simply
just given it a coat of black acrylic paint.
It doesn't necessarily  have to be complicated to look good.

"It's The Simple Things"

2 Crafty are sponsoring the CSI challenge blog this month & our
 design team were invited to be "Guest Designers" for the month.
We are having so much fun joining in.
This layout was my take on their challenge last week.
I have used some more of the NEW release chippie pieces here.

I have base coated all my chip firstly with Gesso.


In this pic you can see the  Rita's Swirly Border.
Simply painted lime & when dry I randomly gave it a wipe of Gesso.


Next up I have used a Juliet's Heart
which I have tucked in at the side of my photo.

So fine & delicate & I have given it the same treatment as
as the border.


Here is one of the many titles that 2 Crafty are known for.
perfect for so many different types of layouts.
I have also popped in a little bird from the   
Both of these pieces were painted in acrylic paint & when dry
I have applied a tiny bit of black ink on the edges for definition.


"Magical Memories"

This layout is for the current challenge over at CSI & these pics of
yours truly, were taken at the same time as the ones in my first layout.
I had all these pics taken a few years back & I hadn't scrapped 
any of them until recently.

 
I have used another of the great 2 Crafty titles,
which I sponged on some Texture paste to give a nice rough finish.
Next I have painted it in a metallic bronze paint & when dry
 I have dabbed some turquoise paint in a random fashion
to give a faux patina look.


In the left side of my photo you can see I have tucked in a
These are such a great little embellishment, when you just
need a little something to tuck in here or there.
I use these all the time, absolutely one of my favourite
"go to" pieces. Here I have just given it a lick of acrylic
paint & a wipe of gesso.



For the Parisian Border I have again sponged on some texture paste
 & then used three different coloured metallic paints
 (gold, copper & bronze)  in a random fashion.
When dry I have wiped it over with some gold ink
to create a kind of rusty metal look.


In this last pic you can just see a tiny piece of 



Well I hope I have inspired you in small way to get 
hold of some fabulous 2 Crafty chippies to put on
your next project.

Remember to visit us on FACEBOOK too.
 It is updated everyday with lots of inspiration & ideas.

Cheers Di  xo

Photobucket

10 comments:

Tracey Sabella said...

Wow, Di!! What gorgeous layouts!! Love your chippies and the strip of corrugated board!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Linda Eggleton said...

Beautiful layouts, Di...love them all! :) xx

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Fabulous work! Totally stunning!!!

Kim Price said...

Di these are all absolutely stunning, and I love them all!

SOOO blown away with your background techniques too! Wow, wow, wow! LOVING it!

Keren Tamir said...

Stunning Di. Love all 3 of them. The details are amazing!!

lindy Gillespie said...

Just beautiful Di!!! love the csi one but all 3 are stunning..

Vanessa said...

Gorgeous layouts Di, 1 and 3 are my favourites, but all 3 are beautiful.

Margyz Paper Games said...

Love, love, love these layouts. So gorgeous. Love how you coloured your chippies. Magic! ox Marg

Jan Rankine said...

These layouts are all just gorgeous - beautiful vibrant colours.

Heather Jacob said...

gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous x