Friday, February 8, 2013

February Guest Designer-Lindy Gillespie


Hi it's Lindy Gillespie here & I am delighted to be a Guest Designer
here at 2 Crafty for the next few months.
I hope some of my layouts will inspire you.
                  I live in Brisbane Queensland, I'm married to Tony               
   and have 2 grown up children, Craig & Kate.
I started scrapbooking around 8 years ago & was hooked from the very
beginning. I find it gives me time to relax. My other passion is
photography & I mainly focus on the outdoors, but I also love
taking the family as well, which gives me my inspiration
for all of my layouts.
     
  My style is ever evolving but I love the shabby look using
 lots of  misting and masking & layers.Over the years I've been on many Design Teams for various
challenge sites, sketch sites, scrapbook stores & at the moment
I design for
The Color Room, CSI, AFSC & The Scrapbook Store.

    You can visit my blog HERE.

"Friends"    

I created this layout with lots of treatment to the background,
including Gesso & lots of spraying to get the desired colour.
Then some masking using shabby tote ink.
The photo is from our holidays to a garden display.

I primed all the chipboard with Gesso.

 

On the Corine Swirl I cut the top section off
& then sprayed with a liberal amount of grey Glimmermist.
I just love the effect  of the Glimmermist soaking into
the wet Gesso.



Corine's Swirl (unit of 3)

Corine's Swirl (unit of 3)
With the Mini Fob Watch I painted some Glimmer Glaze
directly onto the natural chipboard & then
just tucked it in under the edge of the swirl.

                                      


The Fanciful Butterfly is stamped with an old alphabet stamp
& then distressed again with shabby tote ink.


The Friends title is from the
Friendship Mini Word Pack.
I have just sprayed it with Tuscan Sun Glimmermist.




The Key Set-Mini has been inked with shabby tote ink.

I have also cut the French Lace Border into sections to
make a half frame around my photo & then sprayed it
with Tuscan Sun Glimmermist Mist.



I just love these little ATC Elements #1.
Just the perfect size for sneaking into the edge of the page
or under some other embellishment.
This time I have simply inked it in shabby tote ink.


            I hope I have inspired you to create with some 2 Crafty chipboard.          
        I shall be back in March with some more projects.

        I wanted to thank Vanessa & Di for inviting me to
be a Guest Designer.        

Lindy
                    
                                 




Photobucket

14 comments:

Keren Tamir said...

Beautiful Layout Lindy!! love all the background treatments! and on the chipboard too!

Di Garling said...

Firstly welcome to 2 Crafty Lindy. Love what you have done to the chippies here, great layout too.
FABULOUS. Cheers Di xo

Vanessa said...

Welcome Lindy, gorgeous layout, love how many pieces you were able to get on - well done. Hope you enjoyed it.

MarĂ­lia Lopes said...

Lindy gorgeous layout!!
I love all chippies that you used.

Kim Price said...

Love your treatment of the chipboard Lindy - it looks amazing and brings the layout together so well. Fabulous job.

Helen Wallace said...

A creative page Lindy with lots of different ways to enhance the chipboard :)

dstandard said...

Gorgeous page Lindy - love the background treatment!

Tracey Sabella said...

Such a gorgeous page, Lindy!! Gorgeous effects with your chippies and love how you layered them!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Linda Eggleton said...

Beautiful layout, Lindy...I love your techniques on the chipboard & how you've frames the photo on 2 sides using the french lace border...fantastic work!

Jan Rankine said...

Beautiful work Lindy - I like the treatments on the background and chippies,

Margyz Paper Games said...

What a beautiful layout Lindy. Love all the elements you used and how you've coloured them. Gorgeous!! ox Marg

Heather Jacob said...

wow this is just magnificent Lindy , loving all of this x

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Lindy this is stunning! Fantastic photo and scrapped to perfection!

lindy Gillespie said...

Thank you everyone for the lovely comments much appreciated xoxo