Monday, February 18, 2013

February cards by Guest Designer Jane Clark

Hi everyone, Jane here with two cards to share!
 

First up I have used 2Crafty
  Elsie's Dress Form 
 Mini Tags, 
Gears and a Mini Ruler 
 to create this card.
I coated the top intricate layer of the dress form with Brilliance moonlight white ink
 and the lower section with Distress Ink frayed burlap, I love using ink
 to colour the fine details of this chipboard piece as it gives a smooth
 unclogged coating. I covered the base of the dress form with
 BasicGrey BP&J 6x6 papers then glued them together with PVA glue.
 I coloured a mini tag with white ink and sponge the edges with burlap then stamped
 a sentiment on it. These tags are so cute and are the perfect size for cards!



For the gears I coloured them with frayed burlap ink then I added
 Distress Embossing Powder vintage photo on top to give them a more
 rustic look. The ruler has been inked with burlap as well then diluted
 with water and dried to give a great weathered look.


For my second card I wanted to do something completely different
 and decided on something bright and colourful. I coloured a
 Mini Bicycle, 
 Doily Frames 
  'Happy'
  from the "birthday sentiments pack" with Prisma coloured pencils,
 these coated the chipboard pieces brilliantly!!

 
  I added Glossy Accents to the bike then layered the pieces on a
 paper doily and pretty papers. I just love
 how rich and vibrants the colours are!!
 
Thanks for looking and don't forget to let me know what you think!
Happy Creating,
 Jane
 
Photobucket

10 comments:

Keren Tamir said...

these are adorable!! love the cards!!

Linda Eggleton said...

Both cards are so different, yet gorgeous in their own way. Beautiful cards, Jane :)

Vanessa said...

Great cards Jane, love them and will probably steal the ideas. Love your work.

lindy Gillespie said...

Both cards are just lovely!!! love the t4chnique on the dress and the bike

Heather Jacob said...

gorgeous cards x

Sherry Mendoza said...

Gorgeous cards as always... luv luv you xxx

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Absolutely STUNNING cards!!! Wow!

Di Garling said...

Love both of these Jane, especially that dressmakers model one. Fabulous.
Cheers Di xo

Marília Lopes said...

Jane beautifil cards!
Loooooove the chippies you used.

Kim Price said...

Simply stunning Jane, and I love the finish on your bicycle chip - it's perfect.