Saturday, January 19, 2013

Mixed Media Love- by Keren Tamir

 
Its my turn on the blog again and I'm really excited about it!!

Just be You
 

I used the Prima BAP sketch this month as an inspiration for this layout.
I added lots of texture and layers. 


First lets talk about the Frame Flourish 2. I love framing my pictures
 now and this frame was perfect for this photo. I covered it in
 glass bead gel and then painted it with different Shimmerz paints.

Frame Flourish 2 (units of 3)





The second 2 Crafty chipboard I used was this Corner Wispy Vines.
  I cut it in half and used it in two different places. Then I simply
 sprayed it in black ink and stamped some white writing on it.

Corner Whispy Vines (units of 3)



Finally I used 2 mini bird houses with their respective bird and 
the title Just be You. I covered the title in glass bead gel and then 
sprayed and inked it until it had a lot of texture.

Birdhouse (unit of 3)

Just Be You (unit of 3)


  My Second layout is called:

Free Spirit

It is one of my favourite layouts of all times.


One of my favourite things about this layout is the color scheme. 
I used the color palette from Prima's PPP and the monthly
 challenge at OUAS.
This picture of me was taken this past  December during
 our trip to Florida. I love the beach, the fresh air and the sound 
of the waves make me so calm and relaxed.


You can see in this close-up a few 2 Crafty Chipboard pieces.
 First you can see the Frame Nella's. I also covered it in
 glass bead gel and painted it in dark blue Shimmerz paint.

The second piece is the Compass which I simply dabbed in chalk ink.

Then I used the Doves which I painted in light blue acrylic
 and dabbed with dark blue ink.

Frame Nella's (unit of 3) Compass (units of 3) Doves (unit of 3)




Finally I want to show you my favourite part of this layout:
 the chipboard hexagons. I first covered them in gesso.
 Then using a chicken wire stencil I masked the pattern with
 Martha Stewart Textured paste. I also sprinkled some blue beads 
on top while the paste was wet. At the end I dabbed the 
textured area with my acrylic paint blue dabber.

1.5 inch Hexagons  (units of 3)



My Final layout I designed for a GD at Inkido.

Forever

I used the Corine Swirl and a vintage key, which I actually 
only inked in light chalk ink as I wanted to have a
 natural chipboard look.

 
I hope you enjoyed my post today.

I'd love for you to visit me on my blog and see more of my creations here

I'm also having a giveaway here
 
& remember our
DESIGN TEAM CALLOUT
(scroll down to see all the details.) 
   
 
Photobucket

16 comments:

Di Garling said...

FANTASTIC post Keren, so much beauty & inspiration here. Love them all. Cheers Di xo

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooooo beautiful!! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors and all the flowers!!

juscrap said...

gorgeous Keren! so much beauty and inspiration here. xoxo

Evgenia Petzer said...

wonderful LO's!

Sandi Smith said...

Stunning creations Keren...love them all!

Vickie Dimitra said...

Beautiful creations!!!! I love them!!!
Good afternoom Dimitra from Greece!!!!

Vanessa said...

Absolutely stunning projects Keren, so much inspiration and technique.

Linda Eggleton said...

Beautiful work, as always, Keren! I really love the texture you've created on the hexagons...looks sensational! xx

MARILYN said...

Gorgeous creations Keren!! and your second page is amazing!!! Beautiful work as always!!

Margyz Paper Games said...

Stunning creations. Love every one especially the textures. Superb! ox Marg

Tracey Sabella said...

Keren, your layouts are amazing. I especially love the mixed media work on your hexagons!! Thanks for sharing!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Awesome work!!! Love what you have done here! Very clever!!! :D

Elena Olinevich said...

Awesome los, but my favourite is the second one, as it is heavily textured. And the colors are so marine.

Jan Rankine said...

Your pages are absolutely beautiful Keren - I love them all,.

Cynthia Lloréns said...

Gorgeus pages Karen!!!!
So many to inspired us!!!!
Hugs from Brazil

Leonie said...

These are just Amazing Keren. Your detailing and clustering is just superb!