Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Happy 2013!!! Chantal's first 2Crafty post for the year. :)

Hello all you fabulous 2Crafty fans out there!  I trust you all have had a happy new year so far!  Today I'd like to share with you all three new layouts featuring 2Crafty's awesome chipboard!
My first layout is called "I Could Just Gobble You Both Up"...

I have used the title "I could just gobble you up" and to suit my layout, I have cut apart the adjoining "you" and "up" and added my own letter stickers to create my own custom title.  So the full unabridged title is in actual fact, "Hey you girls, I could just gobble you both up".  Such a cute title - love how personal it is and the fact it can so easily be made to be even more personal!

I have simply inked my title using Tim Holtz Distress Ink.  This gives a lovely neutral feel which is what I wanted for this layout... to make my rainbow embellishments framing the bottom of the large photo pop even more. :)
I have also used a pack of Ferns to the left of my photo.  I have used the same aforementioned technique plus I have snipped off the entire right side of leaves from the larger fern stem.  In doing this, the photograph still peeks through and the chipboard provides a subtle corner frame.
Now my next layout is called "Sea World" and I have totally gone to proverbial chipboard town on this one!  2Crafty style of course! ;) ...

I have used Crazy Circles.  12 inches of circular action here!  Loved working with it!  So basically the nested circles have been pushed out of the frame and put aside, then I have painted the frame twice in blue acrylic paint and finished off with a coat of glitter glue.

The pushed out chipboard circles have been used on my layout for the journalling spots, title spot and the map spots.  
I have used the hands from Pointing Finger Signs along with some Arrows to show at what location every photo was taken.  I have used an original theme park map to provide some "visual location journalling" and it's an easy way to provide info without journalling them in the traditional way!
I have painted the arrows with blue acrylic paint and left the hands raw.  Both the arrows and hands have been cut short to suit the length needed, so they don't cover my photos etc. :)
And now lastly (but not least!) is a layout I only just completed yesterday and you may of seen it on my blog (it has only been up a day) and it's called "Just Be You"...


This layout has been based on a current Stuck?! sketch.  I used the mirror image of the sketch here - it just suited the photo better that way.  For the chipboard title, "Just be you", I have actually separated the words (they are all joined) to spread them out a bit and to match my layout's design.  I have painted gesso over the letters, then once dried, I painted pearl pen over the top (using an artist's paintbrush).  After machine stitching the words into place, I then topped the "You" word with some FWAB mango adhesive pearls for some added bling.
  

I also used a pearl pen (directly onto the chipboard this time) onto a beautiful flourish from the Flourishes 2 decorative 12" x 12" sheet.  I love the wet look that is achieved by doodling onto chipboard with these pearl pens... and I think the end result is stunning!
Well I hope you have enjoyed my first share here at 2Crafty for the year!  I very much enjoyed creating these layouts and look forward to sharing them with you all here!

Have a fabulous day and until next time... happy scrappin'!!! :D

Cheers,
Chantal :)

Photobucket

29 comments:

Elena Olinevich said...

What an awesome work you have done, I love the way you placed the Ferns and the natural look. The circles are really crazy and amazing. The third LO is one of my favourite, and I like your tip of stitching the title

soapHOUSEmama said...

oh, i love these!!!!! pinned :)

Vanessa said...

Absolutely stunning Chantal, all 3. Love the hint of colour in the first - adore the photo of the girls too.

MARILYN said...

Gorgeous pages Chantal!!! love them!!!

Lizzy Hill said...

Such inventive work...just ADORE the leaf up the side of the 1st LO & that title is 'delicious'!!!!! TFS - fabbo LOs:):):)

Di Garling said...

What can I say, so much inspiration here Chantal. Love all three layouts & the way you have used every piece of chippie. Beautiful. Cheers Di xo

Adriana B said...

fabulous layouts, love all the details, love the leaf on the first one and the circle layout is a standout :)

Leonie said...

Awesome pages Chantal. Love the crazy circles, just fantastic!!!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

These are awesome! Love the layered chipboard leaves and the fun circles on the second page.

Chloe :-) said...

Gorgeous!! You work SO well with this fabulous chipboard :-)

Margyz Paper Games said...

All 3 layouts are amazing. Love what you did with the circles. Fabulous! ox Marg521

Sarah said...

Beautiful pages Chantal - totally stunning. I really really really love the circles on the middle one!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You are amazing Chantal!! I love love love love love your lo's!! You always inspire me!!!

Keren Tamir said...

Love these LOs!! its fabulous how you used the Circle frame. I love that one!

TheGirlWhohadAScrappingAddiction said...

Wow!!!!You rock with chipboard girl!!!

Heather McMahon said...

Chantal you are so inspirational! You always come up with totally new ways of looking at products. Awesome!

Linda Eggleton said...

Such fantastic colourful layouts, Chantal! I really love the neutral tones of the first one with the pops of colour with the buttons & felt embellies :)

Tracey Gregory said...

Wow-this is seriously awesome!

Zeneva said...

Fabulous layouts! Chipboard is beautiful just on its own, so love that you have kept the natural feel for your first layout, but the layout is still so colourful!Love the cirles - the feeling of bubbles of the water - perfectly suited for the photos. And the last layout is just adorable!

sandi said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! Love all of these! Soi inspirational!

Dana Tatar {datatar} said...

Amazing work Chantal! Thanks for the inspiration. =)

Tracey Sabella said...

Such gorgeous pages, Chantal!! Love the natural layered ferns, and you so rocked the Sea World page with the Crazy Circle Chippboard! Your last page is so darling with the large photo!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Home sweet home said...

WOW!!!These are gorgeous!!!

Merethe

Sharon Fritchey said...

Gorgeous pages, Chantal! I really love them all! So full of beautiful details!

Jan Rankine said...

Fabulous pages Chantal - I just love them!

Chantalle said...

Just loving those Crazy Circles! Awesome work!!

Keri said...

Love these projects, Chantal! You already know I love the "just be you" layout, and the seaworld chipboard painting techniques are just awesome. And my favorite is the super-neutral background on the first layout, with the pops of color in a row. Fabulous

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Thank you so much everyone for your lovely comments!!! :D

Agnus K. said...

Gorgeous work Chantal!!!! Really love the use of the raw ferns with the bright rainbow embellies :)