Friday, January 4, 2013

Happy 2013 - Fiona Johnstone

Hello everyone

Hopefully you've all recovered from New Years, are sticking with your new year resolutions and ready to do some scrapping. 

I have just two layouts to share with you this month, as our new release will be posting on the 6th of the month - very exciting can't wait to see it!!

My first layout Today, is a fun page about my boy and I as I was teaching him to blow bubbles with bubblegum.


I had a bit of fun with some twine on these 2Crafty pieces. The large circle is actually part of the Clock Face Frames - it is one of the circles that joins the faces together. I have wrapped the whole circle with some light pink twine.

I've also used twine on my star from the Stars set, but this time I used lots of glue, then used strips of twine and laid them along the star. I love the contrasting effect of the two.



My title, Today,  I have kept simple and simply sprayed the raw piece with glimmermist to match one of the circles in the background paper.
 
 
Once again I have used a star from the star set and this time covered it in washi tape strips:
 
 
 
 
My second layout is a Christmas page from last Christmas - thought I had better make a start on them while I was still in holiday mode. I love this title, so perfect for Christmas morning!


I got out my trusty gold spray paint again for the present, from the Christmas Assortment pack and scallop banners and gave both a good covering. Once that was dry I have covered the banners with patterned paper, threaded with some twine and added some little stickers to finish it off.


I had some fun with washi tape on the present, following the lines already on the chipboard I have added a strip of washi tape to either side of the present - it was the perfect width! The middle I had to cut a thinner strip of contrasting washit tape. I love it, so cute. 


I have sprayed the title So Many Toys, so little Time, with bright red mist, then added some red stickles to finish it off. 

That's it for me this month
Fiona
x
 
 Photobucket

10 comments:

Tracey Sabella said...

Gorgeous projects!! Love the twine wrapped chipboard and your gold painted gift is gorgeous!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Kelly Foster said...

Love these, Fiona...the twine on the chipboard, such a fun way to add texture!! I also love the bit of gold on the second one, gorgeous!

Vanessa said...

Awesome layouts Fiona, love the twine idea and layout is such fun. Gorgeous xmas layout as well, capturing the moment when you realise just how much stuff you bought them for xmas!

Di Garling said...

Great layouts Fiona & I love the whole "string" thing. Great idea.
Cheers Di xo

Margyz Paper Games said...

Love the layouts, love the string you added. gorgeous embellies. Fabulous. ox Marg

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Fantastic layouts, Fiona! Loving your ways of using twine on the chippie!!!! :D

Linda Eggleton said...

Wow, I love the textured effect using the twine on your chippie pieces, Fiona! Gorgeous layouts, as always :)

Leonie said...

Fabulous layouts Fiona, love the twine in the first one and that banner looks great in the second layout. Cheers. :)

Lauren Hender said...

What a wonderful blog and company. I love that your Australian. Your products are fantastic and your design team has made some stunning layouts!

MarĂ­lia Lopes said...

Love the layouts Fiona!!!
So many beautiful details