Monday, December 17, 2012

Winter Wonderland by Keren Tamir

Winter is my least favourite season but I
 did love scrapping about it.
 
"Snow Wonderful"
 

I used the Crazy Circles 12x12 sheet and I cut it in half. I used the opened circles as frames for these small wintery pictures. First I covered the chipboard in gesso and then I dabbed clear distress stickles and yellow stickles randomly on the circles.



Crazy Circles (unit of 3)


I also used chipboard snowflakes which I also covered in Gesso and distress stickles.



Snowflakes (units of 3)

Finally for the title I used the word Wonderful and called my layout 
Snow Wonderful !!

I used the Prima BAP sketch as an inspiration for this layout.



Wonderful (unit of 3)


My second layout is titled:

"Peaceful"

I took this serene photo outside the woods near my house. 
Those are the same woods from my fall pictures a few months back.

I quite like how the woods came to life in this photo.



I used the Hariet's Border underneath he photo. 
I simply covered it in textured paste and then dabbed
 it with chalk ink.

Hariet's Border (unit of 3)




I used Heidi's Vines again for this layout. Last month I used them for a fall layout and showed you a resist technique. This time I covered the vines in gesso and then painted them with Shimmerz Paint: blueberry cobbler. It came out very smooth so I dabbed some blue distress stickles randomly on the leaves.

Heidi's Vines (unit of 3)

To get the 3D effect, I printed 2 of the same photo and used one of them as a background. I used the other photo and cut some trees out of it. Then I raised them with pop dots for a 3D effect.


Finally I used the Fine Snowflakes and the peace word from the ATC Words 1 pack. I covered the snowflakes in gesso and clear distress stickles like above and I inked the Peace word in fluid chalk ink.



I used the December sketch from Paper Stories as an inspiration for this layout.

Fine Snowflakes (unit of 3)

ATC Words 1 (units of 3)

Smile

Finally here is a layout I created a few days ago. Its not a winter layout actually quite the opposite but I used the inside circles of the Crazy Circles 12x12 sheet. I painted them in Gesso and then using Crackle Paste, I masked them in smaller circles.
 Then using i dabbed it with pink chalk ink.



I also used the Life's Journey title and the Cherry blossom branch

Cherry Blossom (unit of 3)

I used the Prima PPP for December and a sketch from Keeping The Best. If you want to close-ups of this layout visit me here


I hope you get a chance to come by my blog and see some of my other creations!!

Have a fantastic day

Keren
 
 
 
 
Photobucket

13 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Keren is AMAZING!!! These are just GORGEOUS!! WOW WOW WOW!!!! I love them all!!

eleele said...

I do not like snow too, but your winter LOs are so wonderful. Love the idea with the snow balls on the first LO.
The last one is my favourite one, because of a lovely photo.
Great job done this month

Di Garling said...

These are all sooooo beautiful Keren as always. You are always so inspirational to us all. I love how you have used the chippies. Beautiful.
Cheers Di xo

Vanessa said...

Stunning work Keren, all 3 are amazing, but I absolutely love the 1st one.

juscrap said...

Wowww!! Stunning work Keren! I love them all!!! xoxo

Linda Eggleton said...

Wow, all 3 layouts are superb, Keren. I can't decide between the first 2 which is my fav...Awesome techniques as well :)

Leonie said...

These layouts are just absolutely stunning Keren. Fabulous, fabulous work. Well Done!

Marília Lopes said...

Stunning work Keren!!!!
Fantastic work!!!

Tracey Sabella said...

Wow, such amazing pages to showcase these fabulous chipboard pieces!! Just stunning!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh wow these are incredible!!!!!!!! I love them all and my have is the second one. But I really do love them all! :D

Kelly Foster said...

I agree, dislike winter, but love scrapping it!! I love all three of these, so beautiful!! Love how you used the circles as frames!

Fiona said...

WOW Keren! These are all amazing! Love the the first one with the circles especially and those trees in your second are fantastic!
Fiona
x

Vicky Alberto said...

so gorgeous - that last one stole my heart!