Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas Projects - by Vicky Alberto

Hi, Vicky blogging today and I am sharing a few Christmas projects created with some gorgeous Christmas themed 2Crafty chipboard. First up is layout of me as a baby. I thought the old photo went really well with the vintage feel of the Kaisercraft papers in this month's Swirlydoos kit that I used to create this page.
 

On the 1st Christmas title and the Cartia's Swirl chipboard, I splattered on some gesso and teal Silks paint randomly, not covering the the chippies completely. Then, I put a clear Silks "ice" glaze to add shimmer. I love that these dry faster than mists, giving a subtle sheen. Lastly a touch of chalk ink on the edges for definition.
 

Here is a close up of the swirl - just the gesso and glaze on this one.


Up next is a card I made using papers from Meg's Garden and a cute  
mini santa sleigh and reindeer chippie
. On the chipboard, I first primed it with gesso, then glued a mixture of 
clear diamond dust and pink german glitter glass. 
I love the light and airy feel of this mixture together.


Lastly for today, I created an oversized gift tag "layout". This will surely look pretty on gift that is just too big to wrap up. 
 

On the Elegant Corner chipboard I worked again with gesso and teal Silks paint.
 

On the Blitzen reindeer I splattered some gesso a bit, then added some brown distress ink before glazing with Silks "ice". The distress ink reacted with the glaze, creating a slight resist over the gesso.
 I love this antiquing effect.
 

Thanks for joining me today for my final post on the 2Crafty blog as a
 2012 Guest Designer. 
Happy holidays, Merry Christmas  and 
cheers to a fantastic New Year!

Vicky

Photobucket

9 comments:

Keren Tamir said...

Amazing projects Vicky I love them!!!

juscrap said...

soo beautiful projects!! hugs

Vanessa said...

Stunning projects Vicky, love the first one, especially the pic. Great job.

Di Garling said...

Always love Vintage Christmas Vicky. Beautiful projects. Cheers Di xo

Linda Eggleton said...

Gorgeous christmas projects, Vicky...love the big layout sized gift tag!!

Leonie said...

Gorgeous projects Vicky!

Kelly Foster said...

Lovely projects, Vicky, I love that pretty, glittery Santa sleigh, so cute!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Lovely Christmassy projects, Vicky!

Fiona said...

Beautiful layouts and cards!
Fiona
x