Monday, November 19, 2012

November Layouts by Keren Tamir

My First Layout is titled Friends Forever...



I love this picture of my 2 kids holding hands while walking.
 I used some amazing 2 Crafty Chipboard pieces for this layout.



The first one is the 11" Flowery Swirl frame which I covered in
 gesso and then dabbed in yellow acrylic paint and blue and 
white fluid chalk ink. I added a pretty button in the
 middle of the large flower.

11" Flowery Swirl Frame (unit of 3)



For the title I used 2 of the words from the
I simply inked them in white chalk ink.

Friendship Mini Word Pack (unit of 3)



One of my favourite parts of this layout is the hexagons on the edges.
 First I covered them with Gesso. Then using a smaller hexagon mask,
 I dabbed Textured Paste on the chipboard and beyond the edges.
 Finally I dabbed the raised textured areas with a Yellow acrylic dabber
 and with blue fluid chalk ink.

1 inch Hexagons  (units of 3)





My Second Layout is a Fall Layout
titled My Sunshine



I used one of the fabulous Clock Face Frames.
 I simply painted it in yellow acrylic paint.

Clock Face Frames (unit of 3)


For the title "My Sunshine", I covered the bottom half of the letters 
in yellow stickles and the top half in orange distress stickles.


Finally I used these beautiful Heidi's Vines.
 I have a short tutorial for you below, on how I made them.



Heidi's Vines (unit of 3)

Crayon Resist Tutorial

1. Paint the chipboard vine with white Gesso


2. Using a crayon, draw skeleton lines on the leaves and fruit.


3. Spray the chipboard with your desired color of spray ink.


4. Let it dry or use a heat tool. The crayon will resist the ink when dry.


Here is the result:





Finally I want to show you one of the layouts I made earlier 
this month using 2 Crafty Chipboard. In this layout I used the
 other half of the 11" Round Flourish frame 
 I had used in my October reveal.

also check out more inspiration from the DT at our
 Facebook Page


11" Round Flourish Frame (unit of 3)

Well I hope you enjoyed my post today and I hope you
 come to visit my blog!!
I'm having a giveaway too and you can win an awesome prize!!

Keren


18 comments:

Di Garling said...

FANTASTIC layouts Keren. Glad to see someone else loves circles too. These are all gorgeous & awesome colour combos as well. LOVE your little tutorial too, great tip. Thanks for sharing. Fabulous post.
Cheers Di xo

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! These are GORGEOUS Keren!! I love love love love the colors and all the flowers!! You are amazing!!

Vanessa said...

Stunning layouts Keren, love the use of the Hexagons in the first one, subtle but very effective. All of them, just gorgeous.

eleele said...

I love all of your techniques Keren, you are such an inspiration to me with your new ideas. thank you

Sandra said...

Love the technique with the crayon, its great to know we can use all of the things in our stationery stash. Thanks for sharing.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

This is awesome!!! Love the technique with the crayon! Love all your work! Wow!

Kelly Foster said...

These are all so beautiful, Keren! Love that resist technique!

Linda Eggleton said...

Gorgeous layouts & great tutorial, Keren. The first is my fav...love how you've used the larger frame with the smaller one inside..oh & the hexagons look amazing!! Stunning colour palette too - Awesome work!

Lynnda said...

wow these are gorgeous Keren!!! You are amazing!!!! love them all.. hugs...xoxo

Kim Price said...

Stunning projects.

Marília Lopes said...

wow!!!!Loveeeeed all three!!

Lizzyc said...

These look amazing.. really beautiful...

Helen Tilbury said...

Beautiful work Keren! And wow to that chipboard too!! Just love all these, especially the first one which is my favourite!!

Shona said...

wow Keren those are all so so amazing :)

Tracey Sabella said...

What gorgeous LO's, Keren!! Love the crayon resist technique!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Vicky Alberto said...

really gorgeous techniques and amazing layouts

Leonie said...

OH these are so Awesome Keren love the resist technique! Very Clever!

Eila Sandberg said...

3 marvellous pages in totally different colours, but they have one thing in in common; they are all absolutely GORGEOUS!! Keren, you always use such wonderful techniques which you so generously share with everyone. Am always eager to check out your fantastic chippie treatments too! xox