Sunday, August 19, 2012

First Reveal for 2 Crafty--Keren Tamir

Keren here, so thrilled to reveal my creations at the 2 Crafty Blog:


For this layout about my daughter's love of horses I used the Horse Riding pack from 2 Crafty.

Horse Riding (units of 3)

I painted the title in Adirondack acrylic paint: Sandal. Then I edged it in brown chalk ink. I used a sponge and dabbed it with watered down fluid acrylic: Yellow Ochre and Quinacridone Gold Hue. I used the same sponging technique to make the large yellow heart in the background. Finally I made lines around both hearts with a brown ink pen.


For the grass clumps I simply painted them in brown acrylic paint. I like how they add volume to the page and set the scene.

Grass Clumps (unit of 3)

For the Old Fence I cut it in half to use on both sides of the picture. I painted it in brown  paint and then added crackle medium. (don't add too much as I found out it doesn't crackle all the way inside if its too thick)
Finally for the horse I dabbed it with Butterscotch Adirondack Acrylic paint dabber and then used the same sponge to add a fur like pattern on the body.

Old Fence (unit of 3)


You & Me
For my second layout I used 4 different 2 Crafty Chipboard pieces


For the Lamp Post I covered it in Martha Stewart's white texture paint. Then I edged it in Cocoa colored chalk ink to match the page. I used the same ink for the masking on the layout.


I have also used some beautiful  Green Tara flowers too.

Victorian Lamp Post (unit of 3)

For the You & Me title I painted it with white Gesso. Then using a Crafter's Workshop template, I dabbed blue chalk ink to make the pattern, Then to soften the look I wiped off excess ink with a baby wipe.

You & Me (units of 3)

For the Bird I simply dabbed it roughly with gesso


Birds in Flight (unit of 3) 
Finally for the flourishes I painted them in gesso too and then dabbed them in different places with Blue Adirondack Acrylic Dabber. 

 Flourish2 (unit of 3)

Below  are 2 other layouts I had  previously designed using 2 Crafty Chipboard. For details on these layouts you can visit my blog at:


Designed for my DT at Bird is the Word


Designed for my GDT at ScrapFriends

Used in the above layouts:

Corner Elegant Set (unit of 3)

Swirly Bird Branch (unit of 3)

Hope you enjoyed today's post and may it inspire you to create!!
Keren

13 comments:

Vicky Alberto said...

beautiful layouts and gorgeous techniques

eleele said...

I do love horses too, so the First LO is my favourite, the others are awesome too. great techniques on chippies, thank you

Di Garling said...

So many beautiful things to catch ones eye Keren. Love all the little techniques you have used on you chippies too. Love them all.
Cheers Di xo

Lizzy Hill said...

Great info on how to use the chippy...lovely, lovely LOs:):):)

Vanessa said...

Gorgeous layouts Keren, my favourite is the 2nd one You & Me, so soft and pretty. Great techniques.

Linda Eggleton said...

Gorgeous layouts & great techniques, Keren.

Kelly Foster said...

Awesome layouts, Karen!! Loving all the beautiful techniques you used!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are all GORGEOUS!!! I love love love love the colors and that heart on the first one!!! So BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Helen Tilbury said...

Lovely work Keren! These all look FANTASTIC!!

Leonie said...

Wow Keren!! These are fabulous layouts and you've showcased the chipboard so well. LOve the layering of the different chippie pieces in your first page. Great stuff!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Amazing work! Love these so much!

Tracey Sabella said...

Wow, such gorgeous LO's, Keren!! You do such beautiful work with the chipboard!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

MarĂ­lia Lopes said...

Gorgeous layouts Keren!!!