Tuesday, May 29, 2012

"Memories' By Di Garling


 Hello 2 Crafty fans. I hope you have all had a great week. Today it is my turn to share  a layout with you.   A friend of mines daughter got married recently & she has given me some beautiful Wedding pics & I wanted to do something special as I think Wedding photos deserve a "special" page to showcase them, & what better piece of chipboard could I use to do that job than this gorgeous 
2 Crafty  "Albert Square Frame" & lots of  Green Tara flowers,  ribbon & Crystal Flower Sprays.
 I do so love this chipboard frame, it really creates a statement. Here I have given it a treatment of "Impasto" medium which I simply just blobbed on roughly with my finger to create this lovely lumpy bumpy texture.


When dry I simply painted it with white acrylic paint & gave it a spray with Pearl Glimmermist to give it a bit of pearlescent shimmer. Next on this layout I have used a little 2 Crafty Mini word "Memories". I felt with everything else on this layout, one of these mini words were just the perfect size
.

Lastly I have used yet another 2 Crafty chippie, the  "Butterfly Frames". I love these particular butterflies, they are so fine & delicate. On both this butterfly & the mini word, I have also used some more Impasto Medium to give them both some texture & then just finished them off with a Bronze Metallic Paint. I then applied a  small amount  of a Bronze Stickles to the Butterfly, just to add some  sparkle.
Well thats all for today, I hope I have inspired you to perhaps scrap some of the many beautiful Wedding photos that I am sure you have tucked away in a drawer.
Until next time.
Cheers Di  xo

DESIGN TEAM CALLOUT
2 Crafty are having a Design Team callout. If you love using chipboard, click HERE  for all the details.

4 comments:

joyce said...

Oh Di, this is so very beautiful and elegant. I love the simply clean lines and the chippie treatments is fabulous and adds so much interest to the already pretty page.

Vanessa said...

Love the use of the Frame to highlight the gorgeous photo, not normally a fan of gold, but works extremely well with the white and very classical for a wedding photo. Nice job as usual Di.

Fiona said...

I love this Di, it is ust breathtakingly beautiful.
Fiona
xx

Keren Tamir said...

Di this is fantastic!!!