Wednesday, February 1, 2012

DT Intro - Nina

Hi,  I am Nina Granzien and I live in Queensland.  I am a wife, a mother (of three) and have been scrapbooking for 11 years.  My passion for scrapbooking is always growing and I define myself as an "anything goes" type of scrapbooker.  I am at my creative happiest when I simply allow myself to zone into the creative moment and see where it takes me.   It is important to "enjoy the ride" when creating, and to not have a specific goal or destination in mind.  The freedom to create according to my spontaneous whims is far more rewarding and liberating.  I am really excited to be part of the 2Crafty DT (many thanks Vanessa), and hope that through my creations, you are inspired to create with freedom of expression and to "enjoy your own creative journey".

"The Hair Style"

I absolutely LOVE how my first project for 2Crafty has come together and as you can see, I chose to work with the new Anthea's Butterflies

The first thing you need to know about me creatively is that I LOVE BUTTERFLIES!!  I am always drawn to add butterflies to my layouts in some way, shape or form (a slight addiction!).  

I love that the Anthea's Butterflies come in a pack of various sizes and also that there are solid butterflies and framed butterflies mixed within the pack.  For this particular layout I've selected 2 solid butterfly pieces and 2 frame butterfly pieces, ensuring that they were matching in size.  I glimmermisted the framed butterflies, and I covered the solid butterflies with some washi tape.  To add dimension to one of the solid washi tape covered butterflies, I added the matching glimmermisted frame butterfly over the top.

Too see the effect of the butterflies, have a look at these close-up photos of my layout.



Be sure to grab yourself a pack of Anthea's Butterflies from 2Crafty stockists, and have a play with these gorgeous whimsical chipboard embellishments and see where your creative journey will take you.

Smiles,
Nina.