Tuesday, April 5, 2011

"Pink" Wall Plaque - Michelle

Thanks to an upcoming Masters Challenge, I've been having a go at "mixed media" pieces this week. I don't think I have ever "purposely" created a mixed media piece before, so this was quite new to me...but a lot of fun as well !


I decided to keep it small for a first attempt, and so made a wall plaque, which is about 13 x 18cm in size.
I used paint, glimmermist, irridescent paint, texture paste and alcohol inks to create my background, and decorated the 2Crafty Chandalier 2 with black paint, gold and red irridescent paint (just a hint), and finished it off with a glass effect finish.


To pretty it up, I added some Prima flowers and to give it attitude (as the title suggests) I used a Kaisercraft Girl rubon. I also added some Jenni Bowlin butterflies and drew their flight path with a gel pen !

I love how the Chandalier 2, inspired the whole piece - I wanted classy but a bit grungy at the same time, and in my opinion - it delivered !
Until next time - Happy Scrapping !